Vertigo Flying Company

Chris Rigby

I'm getting ready to open Mary Poppins tonight and wanted to take a moment to give a shout-out to our flying company Vertigo. Install took place a few weeks ago and the entire process was awesome. Throughout pre-production, install, and rehearsals, our flying director took every pain to make sure we were comfortable with what was happening. Not only that, but he was super knowledgeable and incredibly patient with us as we worked on a design that accommodated all our needs. Our install went off without a hitch and the flight director was incredibly patient and took time to allow my students to help him and ask all the questions they wanted.

In every interaction we've had with Vertigo their team members, I've encountered nothing but professional and passionate individuals. If you're looking into flying services for your next production, I would wholeheartedly recommend looking into them.

I'll remain mum on my opinion of the (new) company name, but yes, having gigged for them I can second what Chris has said.

If there were an Icarus Flying company I would expect them to have a proprietary wing wax, with a higher melting temperature.

I would be expecting them to have little wings that move on their own on bright red hats.

I mean out of the blue with no knowledge of why. Hall was recognizeable. Vertigo, I assumed I was going to hear some horror story of some dude in a garage promising some "sick effects". Seems like an odd choice, but what do I know?

I'm getting ready to open Mary Poppins tonight and wanted to take a moment to give a shout-out to our flying company Vertigo. Install took place a few weeks ago and the entire process was awesome. Throughout pre-production, install, and rehearsals, our flying director took every pain to make sure we were comfortable with what was happening. Not only that, but he was super knowledgeable and incredibly patient with us as we worked on a design that accommodated all our needs. Our install went off without a hitch and the flight director was incredibly patient and took time to allow my students to help him and ask all the questions they wanted.

In every interaction we've had with Vertigo their team members, I've encountered nothing but professional and passionate individuals. If you're looking into flying services for your next production, I would wholeheartedly recommend looking into them.
@Chris Rigby A shop I was with here in Canada, built all of the scenery and automation for the Who's 'Tommy' in London's West End in '96 I think it was. Vertigo dealt with their flying and, as you say, everything about them, their gear and their people was somewhere between perfection and whatever's better. Unfortunately their lead person fell from the street level loading door to stage level perhaps some 12 feet below and the last we saw of him he was regaining consciousness as the paramedics were carrying him out securely strapped to a backboard. A number of years later, a decade possibly, the same gentleman crossed the Atlantic to install part of one of the full-bore rock musicals in the heart of downtown Toronto. [Possibly 'We Will Rock You', memory fails] Again: Good, solid, reliable folks to deal with.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

I assume since Hall has reentered the market, the folks that purchased the first Hall decided not to advertise a new competitor.

Have I totally mixed up the cast of parties and business ownerships?

If you go to the Hall site you get this popup redirect window.
HalltoVertigo.PNG

It looks like the original Hall site is still there, although the popup keeps ummm popping up.
http://www.flyingfx.com/

So lately with all the freelancing I've been doing I have noticed a rather common trend.

Transforming and Disrupting are the main two.

Seems it has carried over to Halls as well.

If there were an Icarus Flying company I would expect them to have a proprietary wing wax, with a higher melting temperature.
It's not an "if". They are an actual rigging company here in LA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back