The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Video Content

Discussion in 'Lighting and Electrics' started by OnTheWall, Dec 1, 2004.

  1. OnTheWall

    OnTheWall Member

    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Dallas
    I was wondering if any of you use video content for your lighting?

    Here is a link to our custome video content web site. We would like to know of some of the uses that you have used custome video, and what have you been looking for! We have been dealing with High End Systems, and a few other lighting companies, but would like to know what you want to see in video lighting.

    www.OnTheWallStudios.com
     
  2. len

    len Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    2,709
    Likes Received:
    204
    Location:
    Chicagoland
    The only shows I've done with video content have been fundraisers. Video content was mostly supplied by the sponsors (Bacardi, Smirnoff, etc.) and then layered over the stock Catalyst stuff.
     
  3. Peter

    Peter Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    1,189
    Likes Received:
    4
    Location:
    MA, USA
    I have done a few shows with video, but not really really for lighting, more for effects: I/E adding a swirl to smoke and showing a montage of pictures in the background during a dance show.

    Personally, my budget is too small to ever afford buying video clips. Instead, I use G-Force ( http://soundspectrum.com/g-force/ ) to record my own effects, or I take a video camera and make my own video, or I use my computer to make my own video!

    That being said, your site looks cool, and the videos look neat. Nice work!
     
  4. jonhirsh

    jonhirsh Active Member

    Messages:
    837
    Likes Received:
    15
    Location:
    Toronto, Ontario and Valencia, California
    When i did the laramie project we shoot 3 hours of original footage it was etitded down in final cut pro. then i created any titiels nessceary and ran it all off of a g5 tower and a matrox card with a break out boxd derct in to the projector with a dmx blinder used to black out the projector there were over 250 video cues and they were set up in a go order and as i called them they were played if you want to know more about the set up just email me .

    Jon Hirsh
    [email protected]
     
  5. SuperCow

    SuperCow Active Member

    Messages:
    595
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
    We did Macbeth, and we used video for all the visions and ghosts. We built a screen into the stone walls we made for the set, and then put a piece of scrim in front of it so it looked black when nothing was projected on it (we used back projection) and blended in. It looked really good.
     
  6. Inaki2

    Inaki2 Active Member

    Messages:
    568
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Chicago, Illinois
    I've done all kind of stuff with video, anything from the typical screen for corporate stuff, to video jockeys for raves. I have used video for sets also, and I'm a big fan of using big animated screens for backdrops. I'm still to use video as "lighting" per se, but I will soon hopefully
     
  7. Les

    Les Well-Known Member Premium Member

    Messages:
    3,988
    Likes Received:
    737
    Location:
    DFW, Tx.
    it sounds cool!
     
  8. RonaldBeal

    RonaldBeal Active Member

    Messages:
    152
    Likes Received:
    39
    Location:
    TN
    For major tours, I would guesstimate 80% is either stock from previous music videos, or content designed and specifically created for the show (not stock stuff.) Of the remaining 20%, I would guess 15% for stock full screen textures (fire,water, clouds, and other texture patterns, with the remaining being other non-texture stock footage.
    Tours I've done recently and their content:
    Sheryl Crow: Mostly custom animation & video. Stock footage of tornados, historical war scenes, Artbeats explosions (see www.tossfad.com)

    Fleetwood Mac: Some old footage of Fleetwood Videos and concerts, some Artbeats water textures, and the rest custom content for the show

    Elton John: 90% custom animations and Music Video clips, with a few fire and water textures.

    Hope it helps and good luck.
     

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice