Video Content

The only shows I've done with video content have been fundraisers. Video content was mostly supplied by the sponsors (Bacardi, Smirnoff, etc.) and then layered over the stock Catalyst stuff.

I have done a few shows with video, but not really really for lighting, more for effects: I/E adding a swirl to smoke and showing a montage of pictures in the background during a dance show.

Personally, my budget is too small to ever afford buying video clips. Instead, I use G-Force ( http://soundspectrum.com/g-force/ ) to record my own effects, or I take a video camera and make my own video, or I use my computer to make my own video!

That being said, your site looks cool, and the videos look neat. Nice work!

When i did the laramie project we shoot 3 hours of original footage it was etitded down in final cut pro. then i created any titiels nessceary and ran it all off of a g5 tower and a matrox card with a break out boxd derct in to the projector with a dmx blinder used to black out the projector there were over 250 video cues and they were set up in a go order and as i called them they were played if you want to know more about the set up just email me .

Jon Hirsh
[email protected]

I've done all kind of stuff with video, anything from the typical screen for corporate stuff, to video jockeys for raves. I have used video for sets also, and I'm a big fan of using big animated screens for backdrops. I'm still to use video as "lighting" per se, but I will soon hopefully

For major tours, I would guesstimate 80% is either stock from previous music videos, or content designed and specifically created for the show (not stock stuff.) Of the remaining 20%, I would guess 15% for stock full screen textures (fire,water, clouds, and other texture patterns, with the remaining being other non-texture stock footage.
Tours I've done recently and their content:
Sheryl Crow: Mostly custom animation & video. Stock footage of tornados, historical war scenes, Artbeats explosions (see www.tossfad.com)

Fleetwood Mac: Some old footage of Fleetwood Videos and concerts, some Artbeats water textures, and the rest custom content for the show

Elton John: 90% custom animations and Music Video clips, with a few fire and water textures.

Hope it helps and good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back