The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Video: Doug Fleenor's new dimmer

Discussion in 'LDI 2010' started by gafftaper, Oct 27, 2010.

1. gafftaper

gafftaper Senior Team Senior Team Fight Leukemia

Theater Manager & T.D.
    Doug Fleenor's come up with a rack mountable, 24 channel x 100 watt dimmer. While that sounds a little low power these days, imagine the future possibilities. With 3 or four of these you could power an entire dimable LED rig. Match it up with some LED house lights and you are set to go. It's cool for you crazy high end Christmas light people too.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2013
  2. n1ist

n1ist Active Member Premium Member

Actually, there are a number of low-current multi-channel (8-64) DMX dimmers for use in the crazy Christmas lighting world (LOR, Lynx Express, Renard). The big issue is that most of these aren't UL rated and some, like the Lynx line, aren't allowed to be used for any commercial uses by the designer. This year, we are starting to see many RGB LED pixel control devices, and are quickly running into the 512-channel per universe limit.
    /mike

3. porkchop

porkchop Well-Known Member

Two words. Rope Light. These would have been really nice to have 12 years ago when they built this show.

4. jfleenor

jfleenor Member

To add to that, here is the Doug Fleenor Design spiel at the New Products Breakfast. It includes a small look at our prototype controller, the ColorWheel, as well as our 24 channel dimmer. In typical Doug Fleenor Design fashion, we also highlighted a couple of special moments in the talk.

If you have questions about our products, please let me know or call 888-4-DMX512.

Talk to you soon!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2013
  5. MNicolai

MNicolai Well-Known Member Fight Leukemia

Consultant
    I'm glad my neighbors are low key so I don't have to worry about them using such a slick product for this. Because nothing says "Happy Holidays!" like putting the Christmas lights up at Halloween and leaving them up until Easter.