video monitor clip/mount on music stand

NickVon

I'm looking for a more elegant solution to attaching small 7" and 10" monitors to music stands since i'm lookingto pick up some more. I currently own a 7" LCD with a camera threaded hole on the bottom for mounting to camera or mic stands (with adapter).

I'd like to pick up a couple of the monitors and have the musicians clip them to the sides or tops of the music stand. A kind of a chip clip style clamp with with video thread post on it? Do such things exist? What does the great Broadway use?

Nick

@Aaron Becker I have a number of those K&M accessories arm. They do work great but would require the 1/4" mic thread to be adapted to the Camera #20 thread, but it's a five dollar adapter coupler at worst. I use them for side or under mounting mics of music stands. What muzicman linked looks to be already threaded for video equipment and allows for mounting top or side of the stand.

@Aaron Becker I have a number of those K&M accessories arm. They do work great but would require the 1/4" mic thread to be adapted to the Camera #20 thread, but it's a five dollar adapter coupler at worst. I use them for side or under mounting mics of music stands. What muzicman linked looks to be already threaded for video equipment and allows for mounting top or side of the stand.

Uh... camera is 1/4"x20 TPI. Euro microphone is 3/8"xsomething.

I was more providing the link in case someone stumbles upon this down the road and has a more generic purpose. I agree (like I stated earlier) that the aforementioned mounts designed for video monitors would work best for what you describe. :)

+1 for the above suggestion for the PD-05020s. I specalize on the audio side, and have a whole lot of these - https://produkte.k-m.de/en/Mic-stands/Microphone-holders/19715-Universal-clamping-holder-black - which work well for this application. I'm not sure if these will mount video screens without some type of adapter, though.

The K&M 19715's are good in certain situations, and yes, they do require an adapter. They only mount underneath the music stand and don't have any good ability to tilt. I use them every now and again, but they aren't as versatile for every member of the orchestra. I often mount Delvcams to the top of a music stand, which works for like 90% of an orchestra, and the 19715's cover maybe another 5% of situations - often I like them on Bass players who maybe use a Delvcam only once in a while because I like to have the Bass player maintain eye contact with the MD and Drummer so something under the music stand is preferred.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back