video monitor of the orchestra conductor

Yeah we tried a wireless video transmitter/receiver set before (2.4ghz) but had major problems...I think we figured it was the wireless internet because it didn't even work when the two were right next to each other.

We just laid the cable down and went from there. Got a pretty good picture then!

Yeah we tried a wireless video transmitter/receiver set before (2.4ghz) but had major problems...I think we figured it was the wireless internet because it didn't even work when the two were right next to each other.

We just laid the cable down and went from there. Got a pretty good picture then!
Yeah, I had problems with our cordless phones I purchased a few years back, and when buying I was asked if I used wireless internet, I had no laptop, and was still on dial up, so WiFi wasn't going to be an issue. Two years later we had to find a wireless router that wouldn't make the phones go weird. And now my wireless security camera's don't work. But if you wan't to break into somewhere with wireless security cameras, take my wireless router with you :grin:
Nick

Given the issues that go along with wireless equipment, I would highly recommend a hardwire solution. You said that the orchestra was going to be upstage which is why you have this issue in the first place. If this is true, I don't see how cable runs would be a problem. if you run your cables along the US wall to either side of the stage and then down the side walls, along the proscenium to the lip of the stage it shouldn't be in the way of any moving scenery (unless you have scenery that moves around US of the orchestra.

A hardwire system will give you far fewer problems and will be a lot easier to troubleshoot when things don't work. Generally, most things wireless that are worth using will cost more than you really will want to spend. A hardwire system can be very flexible, and chances are can be interfaced with a wireless system if needed in the future. Also, for the cost of a worthwhile wireless system you could get much higher quality wired video gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back