Video playing software - multi display

tomed101

I am looking for software to basically cue up videos on a computer with a dual head graphics card, and play them on the secondary display. I have been using programs designed for a single display but the problem with them is they place the control buttons over the video, usually at the bottom that dissapear after a few seconds. So basically I want to be able to control the video from display and have it play on another.

Thanks
Tom

Though I have not done it, I believe that using the "presenter display" in powerpoint 2007 you should be able to do that. Another great option is using media shout, it handles video pretty well and is meant for use on dual display computers.

Thanks guys. I might try media shout.

Tom

If you want to pay, use MediaShout - easily the best out of a number which I have tried. Freepath is another option but I found that to be so easy to use that it was mind-dumbing.

If you're a church and want free, try ZionWorks.

Paid-for church software could include EasyWorship.

Hope that helps!

We used a licensed version of Easy Worship for our worship services - one of the best pay-for pieces of presentation software out there for that sort of thing.

It lets you get snippets from DVDs, imports powerpoints, plays normal videos and does song lyrics and scriptures. Definitely focused on a worship type environment though. The dual display is the key functionality of it, and is what made my job managing multimedia so much easier.

Freepath is another option but I found that to be so easy to use that it was mind-dumbing.
I checked out the Freepath site but although there's an FAQ for existing issues, they say you have to register and wait for the new free version! ???

Don't say I do nothing around here!
I have updated the old Freepath installer onto my web hosting.
Click here...

QLab can do this - the Pro Video Cue is $149, but you can try it for free.

Yeh Easyworship will do what your asking and much more, its a nice powerful piece of software that is also qite easy to use.

I am starting to use Pro Video Player (Mac Only):

http://www.renewedvision.com/pvp.php

It is a bit pricey (USD $999 for the Highres version). I chose to bite the bullet and go with this because I have seen so many people using it for mission critical applications. The interface is pretty easy to navigate and I haven't hit any limitations yet.

Had an issue with the registration code and tech support was on it in about 4 hours.

I'll let you know how it turns out.

kw

Hey!
I do have a theatre play with live acting. There are few video backgrounds, one projector at the time, only. The actor timing might be different from performance to performance, therefore I have to have control to fade out and start to play next previously prepared video file.
There will be assistant, who will do playback timing. Should not be too complicate.
I have heard that exist different computer software for playing back video to projector/s.
2 questions:
*should theatre buy MAC or PC?
* what software to go for?
Thanx!

Believe it or not, you can set up windows media player along with powerpoint (i know 97, 98, 2003, and 2007) to do exactly this. I also use divx player on my laptop because it runs faster and its free will also do exactly what you want it to also. It shows the video playing on your computer screen with all the video controls and then it also shows just the video on any display set up as monitor 2.

I can't tell you about software, but I've used the newer Numark system http://www.numark.com/video and it's fairly decent. It has some good transitions and was stable the one time I used it.

Cue Player Premium Plus will also do video from two video cards - one for control and one for the projector. You can fade in/out and pause the videos as well as display still images. It's an addon option to the sound control program. It can also send control signals to a second computer to run another projector for two projector shows.

if your on a mac you can check out que lab my td showed it o me, and wow i cant believe its free.

since I'm a pc only guy, i cant use it.
i hope someone could tell me of a piece of software for the pc that dose the same.

if your on a mac you can check out que lab my td showed it o me, and wow i cant believe its free.

since I'm a pc only guy, i cant use it.
i hope someone could tell me of a piece of software for the pc that dose the same.

QLab is the best thing I've ever spent money on, period, bar none.

I used QLab for EVERY show in my theatre last year. Not one crash during a show. (only during programming if I did something stupid, like create a recursive cue... OOPS!)

I'm not going to sit here and preach, but all I'm saying is that my booth has 2 Macs (Mackie TT24 Control & SFX (QLab + Midi), A Projection Controller (also running QLab + Video), and my personal laptop, which acts as a backup for both, in the case that crap hits the fan)

... and 2 PC's in it. The 2 PC's are: Strand 300, and Strand 300 Backup.

'nuff said?

The guys at QLab have never taken more than 24 hours to solve a problem, and once I even had a SUPER critical issue, and they called me to help me resolve it.

Oh, and stuck on PC? Ditch it. You'll be happier on a Mac. If you need "pc". Dual-boot your mac (not hard), then install a copy of Parallels for 59.99$, which will let you boot your WinXP partition inside of a window while running OSX. That's how I use the Mackie TT24 software on my iMac while running QLab for the sound effects.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back