Video Question

DVkid

I have a video question. Sorry if there is a better place to post this.

I am looking for a Videonics MX-4 style switcher, but I need at least five preferably six inputs. Anybody know of anything?

blsmn

Only thing I can think of would be the Panasonic AG-MX70 - course you're looking at a price tag of about $5,500. Depending on how much each camera is used in the production, the MX4 does have both a composite and Y/C input for each channel, but switching back and forth between the two requires going into a config menu every time and that would be a real pain and get pretty confusing I would guess :? I've never tried it nor don't even know if it could be done, but could 2 MX4's be daisy chained? Take the output of one into an input channel of another, and then use that input on the A bus and the other 1 or 2 camera on the B bus? Might get kind of confusing also and vid quality might be suspect - like I said I've never tried it.

DVkid

Well I'd rather not do the dual switcher thing. The plan is actually to use two MX-4s each supplying different signals. One to a center screen and the other to the side screens.

Does anybody know how much a two channel switcher costs?

-DVkid

bdesmond

DVKid-

I've used the Panasonic switcher recommended by another poster here in the past, and it's a better deal than the Videonics by far. It's going to set you back quite a bit more than a Videonics will, but, you get quality for the price. The panasonic is an 8 input model.

You really need two switchers for what you're trying to do, and a good director.

DVkid

I've used the older Videonics model quite frequently and it seems to be a great system. And I can't justify the price of the Panasonic when I could buy nearly all the new equipment I need for the same price as one Panasonic.

DVkid

If I had the budget I'd love to put in two of the Panasonic boards and see what they can do. Unfortunately, the budget just isn't anywhere near what I need even using Videonics boards. Why is it that clients always ask for big results on tiny budgets?

Users who are viewing this thread