View ETC console cues backstage

The lighting area might be the better place for this question ... however ...

An easy way would be to simply use a video splitter, splitting the monitor with your cue stack and run the second output to backstage.

Second would be to use an RVI (which would cost money). But this would create a second screen over your network.

Third, and perhaps easiest, would be to use the EOS family software
http://www.etcconnect.com/Products/Consoles/Eos-Family/Ion/Software.aspx

Make sure your board and computer are connected on the same network. Then you can view the ION via a computer.

As Drew suggested, the free ETC Nomad software can be installed on any Mac or PC. You can then connect that computer to the console via a switch and Cat5 cables, to allow Nomad to run in mirror mode. You can run a single monitor split into dual screens with channel levels on one half, cues on the other.

Install Nomad on a PC, set it up to mirror, if it is on the same network as your console you should be all set. We have a laptop w/ an extra monitor for the few times a year we need a tech table that is setup like this. Runs over our production wifi and works great.

As everyone else here has said, the iRFR is a great option. Though nomad in mirror mode over Ethernet would be a bit more in sync.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have multiple monitors for the Ion, is there a way to toggle between them on the nomad?

Not that I know of, But you can create 2 Offline editor windows in the setup. Which should display both.

Its on the main page of Settings in the shell.

I just make sure I set up my screens in such a way that the nomad computer will get the correct screen.

There is also always the option of splitting the DVI/VGA output to the monitors and running a long ass cable.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-08-31 at 11.55.29 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-08-31 at 11.55.29 AM.png
    52.7 KB · Views: 495
Much depends on whether you have a Nomad dongle or Puck. If you paid for your Nomad then it can be a "client" and set the screens to show whatever you want. If you are in the free "mirror mode" then you can only show the Ions screens.

I'm having some difficulty getting the Nomad software to connect to our Element 40/60. I am not using a Dongle or Puck, and I'm just looking to do a mirror mode to monitor the Cue stack from the Tech Table. With the software installed 2.3.2 on my mac and started up. I select Nomad Element, and "mirror". It attempts to sychronize but fails. When I hit Trouble shoot, My console is listed in the Availible Master Consoles box, with the correct name of our Element. What Step or setting am I missing. Help topics on the ETC forums and here on control booth are rather light.

Console is connected to a Switch/Router. it's IP address is 192.168.1.10 (static) and laptop is connected via wifi and is 192.168.1108. (my Wifi only passes out IP's above .1.100

Thoughts?

Is the board also up to date?

I know that parts of this software work better on Windows OS than Mac OS, but I'm not sure if that is your issue, it's just a thought.

My other thought is to take time to call ETC Tech Support. They are truly fantastic.

Also try a console boot while the Nomad machine is up and running.i

And as stated by others, software needs to be the same on console and Nomad versions.

I'm having some difficulty getting the Nomad software to connect to our Element 40/60. I am not using a Dongle or Puck, and I'm just looking to do a mirror mode to monitor the Cue stack from the Tech Table. With the software installed 2.3.2 on my mac and started up. I select Nomad Element, and "mirror". It attempts to sychronize but fails. When I hit Trouble shoot, My console is listed in the Availible Master Consoles box, with the correct name of our Element. What Step or setting am I missing. Help topics on the ETC forums and here on control booth are rather light.

Console is connected to a Switch/Router. it's IP address is 192.168.1.10 (static) and laptop is connected via wifi and is 192.168.1108. (my Wifi only passes out IP's above .1.100

Thoughts?
With a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 the last numbers of the IP quartet can be anything between 0 and 255 (except .1 which the router itself occupies) and the devices will talk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back