Vintage Lighting Control - Analog

ship

Senior Team Emeritus
Premium Member
Forwarding a PM about outdated Anaog system that's seemingly a great system of gear to discuss, some PAR 64 cans and some mini Century Fresnels w/o photos to discuss. I collect lighting fixtures in that's enough for me in collecting and do not buy from the website as a rule. Is ETC a 501c3 collection source for antiquique lighting equipment at this point? (As per donation to a museum, the lighting gear might find a home and ta.x donation worth a value over E-Bay.) I think if no theater wants a really interesting light board persay for a tax deductible donation. ETC museuium is the best location for this control gear. Such a deal would also be more tax donation for the dimmering and control gear. Very sorry, but old technology.

On the PAR 64 lights, sort of, the same story. Say a used PAR 64 list price with lamp is $25.00 with used lamp is a norm I believe. Just so many on the market - if you see a brand, it would be important, but mostaly it's expecteded what is in stock is DJ' grade or if in either case less than new condition - needing a service call.

The Century fixtures as described are more interesting for a resale value, but unless what they are is shown, it's not known what value they might be. Most likely they are 6" in lens size an unfortunately absbestos wired. Might be worth something on E-bay as an antique, and if a 6" Fresnel, is valuable still for any theater. It's a discussion to start separate. Unless a Fresnel I don't have already, sorry but only one example per collection.

"Onto the PAR 64 cans, they are on some non-standard bars

Hello, a Reddit user commented on a post I made about selling some vintage lighting gear, saying I should come here and contact you because you are a collector or my know someone interested in it.

The gear is my fathers but I've been tasked with finding a new home for it. I'm not a lighting guy myself, so I'm now trying to figure out who might be interested in it.

This is the list I have.

1x LSS Laboratories CS-2400 two scene console.
2x LSS 6x1200w dimmer packs
2x Light design systems DS-3000 3 channel dimmer packs?
1x Light design systems DS-3000II dimmer pack
4x 4 can racks of par 64's, 16 cans total. Not sure the maker at the moment.
1x Digilog light chaser units that almost drove me mad trying to find any information on the internet about it...
I also have 4x Capitol stage lighting fresnel mini-spots, not in great shape, no original hardware but still have the original metal badges with the logo and asbestos cords.

I do have pics of everything but the mini-spots here if you're interested. http://imgur.com/a/9Vzjo

Thanks for your time, hope to hear back from you. "

Changing this to value of the gear.

So if you were trying to establish a tax donation especically for the dimming and control gear, what value would you with it? Way out of my scope but important to consider and help in help to find a place or at least donate the gear. but it in doing so needs a cash value of what is donated.

Trying to help someone who is by way of death in the family is trying to do something with what is left behind. Let's help him out in at least defining value and stuff like that in help. Been thru this once or twice - and it's very difficult to those not of the industry type to get help on such things.

Just as we help younger memebers, I feel it important to give advice to those of the family who have passed for help. Derek, I and all others have mortality as per a given in amount of years... This is important we also help.

In helping the family of those tech people that have gear, once they die and leave all sorts of stuff behind to others who are not able to deal with the loss or what is they now have to deal with, and perhaps help fund the funeral??

Possible a discussion on how this webstie can help in discussion of and how to get about it? We know what kinds of places would want the gear, know who to contact locally to help, know what value the gear is and of course have a standard of not buying gear to make profit off the website in help - ethics type of thing. So beyond all that, how can we help this person and start a standard for how to help those dealing with a death in the family with gear thats' our specility by way of knowg the gear and the industry.

Last edited:
Ship, If this gear could be donated to a non-profit in exchange for a tax deduction, I might have a local out (in Idaho) fit that would be interested.

Thanks and that's the concept and or pricing at leat in estimate for resale doation I'm trying to help with in goal of help. contact the person with the gear and work it out for donation letter and gear. Thtat's how it should happen I think in old gear not worth trying to sell off getting to a theater that can make good use of it.

Please contact the initial person with the gear in figuring out if possible to ship to the source that can use it. Across boarders will I think be a challenge but great if solved. Get it done please in saving gear and helping all.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back