Control/Dimming VISTA Control Panel

Hi all.

I am trying to track down a PDF or a user manual for a VISTA Control Panel/system.

It was developed by Rosco/Entertainment Technologies which was a subsidiary of Rosco Laboratories around 1997. R/ET was acquired by Genlyte Thomas Group in 2001 and in 2008 Genlyte was purchased by Phillips. I have contacted Phillips and they have no documentation on this particular architectural lighting system. I have not heard back from Rosco or Genlyte as of yet.

From my research it was paired with the Intelligent Power System series of dimmers.

Any helpful information is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Cheers!

I've tried Rosco, Jands (which was sold the brand from Rosco), and Strand (which was sold the IPS dimmering system from Rosco that goes to this). I can't find a manual or technical support on the following:

Rosco Entertainment Technology
Vista VM200-R Master Controller
Circa 1997

Picture attached.

Here's to crossing my fingers!

Attachments

• IMG_0850.JPG
    IMG_0850.JPG
    147.3 KB · Views: 511
I have found one in my old documentation. The document is 55 pages long, did you need the entire thing? Most of it details installation of the panel. If you need just a specific section or piece of data, let me know. I am happy to scan you what ever I have and get it to you.

These systems are terribly difficult to service since they are a legacy product of a company that has reorganized several times now. I currently have several issues with the ET dimmers you mention and no one seems to be able to help me. I have been going on 6 months.

~Dave

Last edited:
I have found one in my old documentation. The document is 55 pages long, did you need the entire thing? Most of it details installation of the panel. If you need just a specific section or piece of data, let me know. I am happy to scan you what ever I have and get it to you.

These systems are terribly difficult to service since they are a legacy product of a company that has reorganized several times now. I currently have several issues with the ET dimmers you mention and no one seems to be able to help me. I have been going on 6 months.

~Dave

Davey SOS can you please help. I could use the old documentation that you speak of. We have 4 Entertainment Technology DR-2406 with a Vista control system with the Vista LCD master touch screen and button stations. If you have the 55 pages scanned I will take that or the configuration and programing sections for the Vista system.
Thanks,
Gregory Romano
212-799-3100 x2338
[email protected]

I'll look through my stuff at home. I can't remember if I ever had a Vista manual or not. I was a field tech for Rosco/ET and I know I have manuals for Horizon and IPS. I've emailed a friend to ask if he has a repository.

Davey SOS can you please help. I could use the old documentation that you speak of. We have 4 Entertainment Technology DR-2406 with a Vista control system with the Vista LCD master touch screen and button stations. If you have the 55 pages scanned I will take that or the configuration and programing sections for the Vista system.
Thanks,
Gregory Romano
212-799-3100 x2338
[email protected]

Let me work on digging this out again. I have not seen it in over a year, since my last post to you. It is the hard copy, so I will need to convert it.

~Dave

Found it, scanned it, and emailed it to the address in your signature line above. If you did not receive it, let me know and I can resend it. If I can help in any other way, let me know. Good luck! Hope you have better luck than I did.

~Dave

I'm glad Davey found his copy. Mine has disappeared. I emailed some of my old ET colleagues but none have gotten back to me yet. Maybe I should change my cologne.

Van, If you or any of your old ET contacts ever have access to any IPS raceway dimmer modules (new or used), I would definately have a use for them. I have an install of 420 of them. It was generation 1 of the product. It has a known issue with heat disappation with the chips. I can't get anyone to service them. Called and talked to Doug at Strand and he confirmed the know issue. I just can't find anyone to service the bad dimmers, or a source to buy used / refurbs. I could put 20 to use today! I have been fighting the probelm for years now.

~Dave

Last edited:
Hmmmmmm, I might know where to lay my hands on some. Let me do some checking.... Yes the Prelim version, without the shelf under the heat-sinks, was known to over heat. I built, and serviced, a ton of those.

Hmmmmmm, I might know where to lay my hands on some. Let me do some checking.... Yes the Prelim version, without the shelf under the heat-sinks, was known to over heat. I built, and serviced, a ton of those.

Any help or leads you might be able to offer would be MUCH appreciated. It is my single biggest issue in the venue.

~Dave

Dave, if you still have that PDF I'd love a copy. Got called out today to service one of these systems and they (of course) have no documentation anywhere....Thanks, M

[email protected]

Just emailed them to you. If anyone else is looking, I will try to keep a copy as long as I can. I appear to be the only source. Hope the info helps!

~Dave

I also have the documentation for that system if you need it. I took a system out of service last summer that was still fully functional. I gave the parts to a local dealer in Minneapolis. If you need parts they may be able to help you.

Reactions: Van
Richard. I am just now seeing this. Do you still need the documentation? I am happy to send it. Feel free to reply via PM.

~Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back