VL 2500 Remote on/off?

gafftaper

Senior Team
Senior Team
Fight Leukemia
I've got a friend who is loaning me some movers and I'm trying to set up some VL2500'S at the moment. Position, gobos, color, strobe, douser, etc... are all working except the remote power on/off features. I'm trying to run them on my Strand Palette VL. The profile on the console has a bunch of control functions including lamp on/off and reset. But these are not working.

Is there a setting in the fixture menu I'm doing incorrectly that prevents the fixture from listening to DMX control for lamp on/off? Or do you think it's something wrong in the profile?

Amiers is Correct. You can turn on and off this functionality from the fixture. It’s there to prevent people from in inadvertently
turning their fixtures off while running channel levels up and down.

So I see two settings in the config menu (pg 52 of the manual) related to turning the lamp on and off.
1) "Power" which seems to just be a manual on off switch.
2) "Power Up" three options "Lamp on, lamp off, and Cal On". These appear to be settings saying to turn the lamp on immediately after power on, don't turn it on, or turn it on after calibration.

My guess was I should set both of these settings to off. But, the end result of that was the lamp is off and can't be turned on remotely. But that did not work. Once on, everything else works fine

Well end result you got it working. Woot woot.

Well end result you got it working. Woot woot.
No I didn't, I actually gave up. I can get it to turn on at power up or after doing the powerup/calibration sequence but I can't get it to turn the lamp on and off via DMX. Once it has power, I have to use the on-board menu to manually turn it on and off.

Oh. The way I read it I thought you had it.

You should be able to though. Maybe look at the dmx map in the manual and try to grab the specific channel and try turn it off that way? That will tell you if it is the console.

The fixtures might also not be updated?

Not the end of the world you could just hit the PD at the end of the day but it does suck.

Control channel (22) command for lamp on is a % value of 99 or DMX value of 249-255. It must be a zero transition time and be held for 3 seconds with a zero transition time back to 0%.

Lamp off is 66% or 165-171. Again you must have the zero transition time and hold for 3 seconds.

Is the fixture library current?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back