VL 3000

rool1980

i have a problem with the VL 3000 (1200w),the lamp starts but it keeps blinking and it doesnt fully go on.

You most likely have one of two things wrong with the fixture.

Ether you have a bad lamp (easy to fix, just replace the lamp)

or

You have a bad lamp ballast (Not so easy to fix, you have to replace the power supply in the fixture)

There ay be other things wrong but these are the two most likely cases. I'm not familiar with the VL3000 so someone else may be able to give you a better diagnosis.

Something simple to check first - make sure your fans are working properly. Sometimes if they're not functiong properly or have a bad connection, it makes the lamp unhappy.

the fans are working fine, i changed two bad IGBTs,now the lamp starts but it doesnt fully light up.

IGBTs.... Not familiar with the 3000, but am with electronic ballasts, which by the use of IGBTs sounds like you have. Unlike self limiting magnetic ballasts, E-ballasts use a feedback loop that monitors lamp current. A cooked component, such as a series resistor in the secondary monitor circuit, would give the control a false value causing the ballast to throttle back.

CAUTION: These ballasts operate 200 milliseconds away from death (sometimes that of the repair person), best to locate a service center to either repair or trade in on a rebuilt unit as long as you have eliminated the lamp as a suspect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back