VL800 and Ion XE

NeroCaesar

Hello,
I just got 2x VL800 and they are nice, but my Ion XE doesnt seem to have a correct Profile for them.
I'm a bit new to moving lights, but I checked the profile on the most current library and its about 98% correct.
There is some weirdness with the 2nd gobo and the spin functions.
Is there a correct profile I can add, or somewhere for editting advice or is this a normal error?

Thanks,
-Greg

Couple of possibilities. First, get on the official ETC forum and ask them - there may be an update already out, if not, that's the correct way to let ETC know. Second, watch the ETC tutorial on fixture profile creation and editing, and make a modified copy of it yourself until it's how you want it.

First of all which VL800 do you have? The EOS library has 4 different versions. 2nd each version has more than one profile so you should make sure you have the correct profile selected in patch and also matching on the fixture. Then all should be good.

Regards
Geoff

Its the event profile and I am using the Enhanced dmx mode. I doubled checked everything, which is how I got to 98% correct. I even adjusted the profile to fix the second gobo wheel a little, but there are still some things that are off that require a bit more advanced tweaking.

Ahh this is something like what I was looking for...
Although I can't for the life of me get them to send me an activation code... I even made multiple accounts with different emails, and nothing... not even in the spam folder, and its been hours. Anyone else have issues with this site? They won't even send me an email to reset my password, (yes they do recognize the username and email)

Thanks,
-Greg

Ahh this is something like what I was looking for...
Although I can't for the life of me get them to send me an activation code... I even made multiple accounts with different emails, and nothing... not even in the spam folder, and its been hours. Anyone else have issues with this site? They won't even send me an email to reset my password, (yes they do recognize the username and email)

Thanks,
-Greg
An innocent bystander wonders why exactly a login is required to obtain a fixture file.. or see a fixture file... or interact with that site.

I'm not sure if a GDTF profile will help with the eos software either, I don't think it has a native import unless somethings changed semi-recently.

Ok I finally got the site to work and it doesnt seem like this will be helpful at all.
ETC EOS doesnt import these files, it seems to work for vectorworks, but that doesnt help me.

I'm looking for a way to import a fixture profile that another user fixed to work better than what ETC quickly put together.

Thanks,
-Greg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back