Vocal Jazz Sound Board

jdayton

Hi, im the engineering for my universities vocal jazz team and we are in the market for a new mixer. Im looking for a affordable digital mixer for the group. Basic setup for every event is 19-24 vocal channels and 4 monitor mixes. We're in need of a digital board to be able save scenes as vocalists switch around in order to keep the right eq with the right singer. As well DCA's would be a bonus, however i can achieve the same with submixes. Our budget is around $5,000.

Thank you!

5k is kind of an odd spot for a decent digital console. The LS9-32 is what you want, but its way out of your price range. I know of no digital console with more the 16 inputs that falls under 6k. You could get an 01V and run outboard pre-amps and it would work. Personally, I would go with a DM1000 w/ outboard preamps, but that is going to run you over 6k.

Presonus does have a 24 channel digital console, but it has so many shortcomings you would not be happy with in with your intended configuration. You might also want to give a glance at what soundcraft are doing. I have never touched one of their digital consoles, so I'm really no help there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back