The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Vocus: voice activated lighting software

Discussion in 'Lighting and Electrics' started by the1rmdman, Jul 30, 2008.

1. the1rmdman

the1rmdman Member

Anyone know anything about Vocus from Enttec? The web site says it is used to help with focusing lights. I guess it needs a dmx to usb connection like the enttec open or pro box but dose it work well enough to be worth paying for it?

2. Hughesie

Hughesie Well-Known Member

Freelance Lighting Programmer/grandMA Trainer
    I would say no, voice recognition has come along way but its just not ready yet in my opinon i have tried the simple programs right up to programs such as dragon speak easy and they all just don't work 100%.

3. I'm a fan of vocus, though I've only used my copy 3 or 4 times. Mostly it's a fun little toy. I would recommend that any M.E. or electrician with a laptop get the USB/DMX pro. It's a fantastic focus remote. After you get that (about $150) vocus is only 30 bucks plus the cost of a cheap wireless mike.

The speech recognition is fine as long as you talk clear and slow. Vocus only uses a select number of phrases through Windows speech recognition.