Volleyball poles as trees

I was wondering how people feel about using volleyball poles as trees to hang 5-6 led source 4s each. In my mind it is a good idea, but will it be too much weight?

Thanks

I'd be worried about how thick the wall of that pipe is. How are you hanging them? c clamps?

Yeah he thickness would play a factor. Those Source 4s are about 15lbs a piece Sooo you are looking at some weight of you don’t stagger them.

If you are side hanging them and not using a tree then be prepared to have to get Pipe protectors too.

Then just sandbag the base and dress it and whala.

My last in a pinch tree was a double piped tv stand for a 55” tv cause the truss rented was to late for the space.

Are they the kind that socket into the floor or are they on a boom base?

Guess I’ve been lifting them so much they felt 15 lol. Does the light engine really add that much more. Haven’t used them yet.

I'm not finding my note but thought I just went through the exercise of data sheets from online at ETC of a 36 degree S4 and S4LED. I had to hunt for the lens tube weight IIRC. Again. IIRC, 14 vs 24 or 25. I've been designing longer arbors and/or bigger motors for electrics. Yes - some less distro - but still more weight I believe- unless you ascribe to the notion of needing fewer LEDs than tungsten units with gel. I figure some LD will fill the batten with whatever they can someday and I don't want the call they can raise it.

A good LD will take advantage of less is more with a few specials.

Assuming mounting to the top of the poles, and the above notes, can you find a aluminum or steel pipe sleeve that will fit inside especially or with work in mounting, outside the pipe of the net pipe?

A stable mounting able to hang the lights first is in question. Than assumes the pipe for the net with it's stresses is over designed to both carry a game loading, and a top loading of it's pole for weight.

No matter how many sand bags added though it is going to wiggle. Boom based lights near the net perhaps would be a better choice.

How tall is the upright? How much does the base and upright weigh individually? I can run some quick calcs based on that info and offer an opinion.

Ethan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back