VOLUNTEER HELP WANTED: Stage Crew, Leesburg, Virginia, USA

Stevens R. Miller

The Pickwick Players are a community theater company based near Leesburg, in Loudoun county, Virginia, USA. We are putting on a performance of "The Little Mermaid" in February of 2017. Our director, Corinne Fox, is looking for volunteers to be part of the stage crew. Here's her description of what she needs:

First, thank you for even expressing your interest. I am the show’s director and am happy to answer any questions you have about what it entails. It’s basically a 10 rehearsal/performance commitment with a breakdown that looks like this:

Saturday, 1/28 – 10:30AM-1:00PM at Rust Library in Leesburg
Saturday, 2/11 – 9:00AM-3:00PM at Simpson Middle School in Leesburg
Monday-Thursday, 2/13-2/16 – 6pm-10pm at Simpson Middle – Dress Rehearsals
Friday, 2/17 – 6pm-11pm – Simpson Middle – Performance
Saturday, 2/18 – 12:30PM-11:00PM – Simpson Middle – 2 performances
Friday, 2/24 – 6pm-11pm – Simpson Middle – Performance
Saturday, 2/25 – 12:30PM-12:00AM – Simpson Middle – 2 performances & strike

I know this seems like a huge commitment but we will be flexible if you can’t make it for the whole time. I also want to make sure you can see the show, so as long as we get enough hands, we’ll have lots of flexibility to accommodate everyone’s schedules.

The Little Mermaid is a very technically challenging show. Our biggest obstacles are the scenes that represent half water and half sky. During those scenes our stage crew will be actively involved with keeping up with our illusion of “water”. That’s why we have these extra Saturday rehearsals to start working in those elements.
If you’re at all able and willing to help, we are more than delighted to have you! Please let me know if I can answer any questions.

Corinne Fox
703-948-8581
[email protected]

I've worked with Corinne and Pickwick before. They are a delightful group and are very welcoming to newbies so, if you've never worked a play before and want to give it a try, this is an ideal opportunity. Note, by the way, that there are no Sunday obligations, so you'll never be giving up a whole weekend.

You can contact Corinne directly, or contact me if you'd prefer:

Stevens Miller
703-217-0862
[email protected]

This opportunity expires January 28, 2017.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back