Vortek Rigging System- Node Faults

Julia Spring

Hey!

I've been at the same school for about 3 years now, and recently our Vortek Electric Rigging System has been giving us the "Node Faulted" line. I've researched and found an old thread on this site about this problem where that person was directed back to the manufacturer, Vortek. However, that was 2010, lol. I know that Vortek is now an ETC product. Does anyone know who I can contact about this to possibly get some help? I highly doubt the system is still under warranty since the school was built in 2007/2008, but I'm hopeful for some help!

Reactions: Van
Not sure if Julie has resolved her issue, but if not I recommend speaking with Patrick at ETC, he has always been able to assist us without Vortek system.

Off hand, ETC recommends a complete power cycle of the system periodically. It has to be done in a certain order, which I can't remember and can't find my notes for, but ETC should be able to help with that as well.

The power down sequence is to power down the VAC (controller), then power down the MCC (Motor Control Cabinet), then the hoists. Then reverse that order to power things back up. this usually clears the Nod Fault error.

Ethan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back