VSSSD for brick

Rainmaker

Hi all, I've used VSSSD for many a thing and love it. I recently saw a scenic artist layout spike tape over bead foam in brick mortar lines, rolled over with jaxsan and then pulling the tape. After drying, she went over it with a blow torch to set the mortar lines back. Assuming all the precautions that go with flaming foam, will VSSSD have the same fire resistance as Jaxsan? I just can't get a new bucket in my time frame/budget.

Thanks

Reactions: Van
Hi all, I've used VSSSD for many a thing and love it. I recently saw a scenic artist layout spike tape over bead foam in brick mortar lines, rolled over with jaxsan and then pulling the tape. After drying, she went over it with a blow torch to set the mortar lines back. Assuming all the precautions that go with flaming foam, will VSSSD have the same fire resistance as Jaxsan? I just can't get a new bucket in my time frame/budget.

Thanks
I don't know that I would endorse that. Not saying it wouldn't work, styro does that melting thing at a very low temperature but I couldn't endorse it. I hate any kind of flame around foam all of it releases nasty ickys when combusting. I think you could probably accomplish the same thing with a heat gun and not run the risk of the foam catching fire.

I don't know that I would endorse that. Not saying it wouldn't work, styro does that melting thing at a very low temperature but I couldn't endorse it. I hate any kind of flame around foam all of it releases nasty ickys when combusting. I think you could probably accomplish the same thing with a heat gun and not run the risk of the foam catching fire.
Welp, the VSSSD held up beautifully to the torch so I answered my own question. I also made sure to torch outside and with proper PPE. I know that doesn't solve the combustible ickys going into the air but if anyone finds this later, at least in this use case, I couldn't tell a difference between actual Jaxsan and the VSSSD

Reactions: Van

Users who are viewing this thread

Back