VW Floor and Lights Refuse to Render

MarcusL

I'm in the process of converting a 2D architectural drafting of our space in to a 3D VW CAD. Everything has gone pretty smoothly so far, but I am texturing as I go to save myself having to spend hours adding textures when I want to render after the plot is finished. I have gotten almost everything textured and rendering, with two frustrating exceptions.

First, my floor, which is 8' thick (stage is at ground level, pit is 8 feet below ground, house is 4 feet below ground at bottom of rake) refuses to render with any texture. I have created my texture, a matte blue (black was too dark and prevented the 3D perspective lines from being visible) and selected it as the overall texture for the floor, and set bottom, top, and sides to take texture from overall. I am using this texture on my apron too and it works fine (the apron was actually originally part of my floor, but I covered it with a stage object because it would not take texture. That resolved this issue, but is not really what I want). Is there any reason that a floor object would refuse to render with texture?

Also, when I render in Fast Renderworks, my lights come through wonderfully, but the quality is not exactly worthy of being printed and brought to a production meeting. When I go to render in Final Renderworks, my lights mysteriously disappear. Anyone have any idea why this is? I go from Fast, where the lights show up, right to Final without changing any settings and they disappear.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

-Marcus

Edit: Just resolved the floor issue. I had joined two polygons and apparently that was creating an issue. Remade as two separate floors. Still wondering about the lights.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back