VW troubleshooting

Erimac

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone had experienced this problem before while using Vectorworks v12.

I'm attempting to teach myself VW using an older VW11 tutorial online. It has been great so far but I've run into a bit of a problem.

I'm trying to create a label legend but when I click on spotlight>instrument processing>Label legend manager nothing happens. I'm pretty sure a new box is supposed to open up on screen but I get nothing. Am I missing something?

I also couldn't get Spotlight>Define/Convert>Convert to Light position to work on a polygon I has selected to try to make a unique lighting position with. I managed to get around that however. I don't think there is a way to get around the legend manager.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Erica

Sounds like you have the correct key strokes. Have you changed what version of quick time you are using? that can cause some issues.

Have you tried simply closeing out of VW and restarting? Sometimes long drafting sessions can cause errors.

After about an hour trying out different word combo's in google I finally found out that it is a common problem due to having a newer version of Quicktime then the one used with Vectorworks (which uses Quicktime version 6.5.1). I uninstalled the latest quicktime and installed the 6.5.1 and it all works peachy keen now.

Thanks for the response soundman!

Erica

Users who are viewing this thread

Back