Wacky Clearcom Issues

llburg

Hey CB, I'm having some unusual issues with our Clearcom system. First, some background. The system is very new, roughly 1-2 years old. 8 rs601 beltpacks and a ms702 2 channel mainstation. We run the system all as one party line (link mode enabled).
So, a week ago, when we set the system up for our musical, it did not operate as it has in the past. Namely, the call buttons don't do anything anywhere (no ring and no light), and the more important problem, all audio is very quiet. All users have to turn their volumes all the way up, which causes feedback, and it's still too quiet to hear.
Has anyone experienced this before? To date, I've tried power cycling (duh), and unplugging all of the belt packs and then trying one by one to add them back in, but the problems were not solved. Thanks in advance!

You might want to check that the Option Switches (the dip switches on the rear right side) are in the proper position. By default they should be in the off (up) position. Of course, that might not be the proper settings for your install, so consult your install documentation before experimenting with them.

If the call signals are not functioning, their could be an excessive DC loading of the intercom line.
Check all of the termination switches in the system (if you have more than one base station). The system should only be terminated in one location.

~Dave

I will check later today on the settings of those switches, although after reading their functions, I don't think any of them apply. I will make sure that it is terminated.(we have just the one main station)
proxy.php

I would disconnect everything from the base station, that add one pack and test, if it works, add the next one and test, Rinse and repeat. Eventually you will find the one that someone dropped into a big gulp.

You are welcome. Once you figure it out, be sure to come back and let us know what it was. Perhaps having that info in this thread will benefit another member down the road.

Good luck! The folks at Clear-Com are great, and will get you squared away.

~Dave

Also once you find the offending station, check each part of it, cable, belt pack and headset. Many times it is a bad connections in either the belt pack or cable taking everything else out.

So after the show tonight I played around with the cables on the back of the unit. There are 6 total. I plugged them in one by one to find which was the problem, and it ended up being 2. Once I find some time next week, I'll trace them out and check all of the connectors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back