Wanna be a stagehand? Four days and $1299!

derekleffew

Resident Curmudgeon
Senior Team
Premium Member
:angryoldman::excitable::naughty::wall::wall::wall:

They just called Richard Cadena a "Roadie".

All those Fullsail grads must be pissed.

After it's all over and done with, you are prepared for an entry-level position in live event production.

Is that code for you know how to mop, hang a light, and over/under a mic cable, or do you have to pay extra for the class on over/under?

Is that code for you know how to mop, hang a light, and over/under a mic cable, or do you have to pay extra for the class on over/under?

You know what, more people need to be taught proper mop and sweeping technique. Also sweeping compound should be more common.

Last edited:
You know what, more people need to be taught proper mop and sweeping technique. Also sweeping compound should be more common.
I've had students who after a year still can't mop or drive a screw properly, I'm sure cramming it into 4 days with everything else would have fixed it.

I've had students who after a year still can't mop or drive a screw properly.
There's driving a screw, both by hand and with a drill driver, but then there are the really simple basics like drilling a pilot diameter hole through the top piece of wood and into the second layer. Then there's coming back with a larger diameter clearance bit and drilling a clearance hole through the upper piece of stock ONLY. Finally there's grabbing the driver drill, with the correct bit, and driving the actual screw. So MANY folks skip the first two steps, jump directly to their 24 volt "Real Man's" drill, the one they need a holster and suspenders to carry if they don't want it to pull their pants off, and then complain about how lumber splits and strips too easily. Where have we failed our young uns?
Excuse me. I'll crawl back into my hole now (and polish the "Stanley Yankee" I had to purchase to fulfill my IA tool list in the early '70's). On the plus side, the Yankee NEVER required charging.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

Last edited:
... This is painful... The Hosts make it worse...

Good hosts are tough to find. Several years ago a big name rock band filmed a reunion type of show in their home town. The enjoyable concert video premiered within the local PBS affiliate pledge drive. The concert was enjoyable but the in-studio pledge pitches were nothing short of offal. One host was knowledgeable about rock, the rest had never seen a rock concert let alone these local heroes. The whole thing was wheels-off please-make-it-stop-but-I-can't-stop-watching awkward. One of the congenial codgerly hosts asked a bandmember, "I noticed you ended that song with a BA Duppa BA Duppa BAH. Is that some kind of signature ending you guys use?" The interviewee just stared at him for a couple seconds and turned 180 to someone off camera and said. "I don't believe this". I don't know if it got worse because I was no longer willing to suspend disbelief.

Well heck, when I got in with some of the non-union staging companies, the only thing required was the ability to buy a C-wrench.

I'd be willing to send the closes person to this event just to get some feedback of what really is taught.

130 of us have to want to know about. #MakeMeHand

I vote we add a poll listing all the veganites of who we should send

Reactions: Van

Users who are viewing this thread

Back