The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Washable spray paint

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Nightowl, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Nightowl

Nightowl Member

For a production of Romeo and Juliet I want the Capulets and Montegues to use spray paint for grafitti or tagging. I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions of what we could use that might be somewhat washable so we don't have to repaint after every show.
    Thanks.

2. dvsDave

dvsDave Benevolent Dictator Administrator Senior Team CB Mods Fight Leukemia

Well, I guess the first question is, what types of surfaces will they be "tagging"?

3. VegasLites

VegasLites Member

The only thing I know of is Krylon Car Art. It is made for smooth surfaces. available in 6 colors and has soap and water clean up. It's a little expensive at 6.00 a can and sold only by the case as far as online. Here's the link

Krylon Car Art Temporary Spray Paint - DCCATP-8oz | Paint

Hope it helps.

4. Footer

Footer Senior Team Senior Team Premium Member

Thats pretty cool stuff, it should work with this. You might want to try sealing the areas you want painted extremly well, in the area of 5 coats, and that should allow you do uses this and still wipe the stuff off. Otherwise, get some metal on the set, paint it with automotive paint, clear coat, sand, wax.....

5. Nightowl

Nightowl Member

Thanks for the suggestion. I have ordered a couple of cases of the spray paint and I'll let you know if it works. As for dvsDave's question: the surface will be painted wood. But I'll use a semigloss paint and hope that will work. We can always do paint touch ups during the run as well.

6. ruinexplorer

ruinexplorer Minion CB Mods Premium Member Fight Leukemia

Projectionist
    If that doesn't work, you might try spray chalk. Plus, with the neon colors, it might "pop" more.