*waves* Hello! I must be new

slytherlily

Hello!
My name is Susanna, but Lily works too. I've spent most of my younger years on the stage rather than behind, so I'm fairly familiar with the on-stage portion of a production. I've dabbled a little with sound engineering and have learned quite a bit about lighting since my husband is an LD. Recently though, I've wanted to get my hands into prop making and things relating to props/scenic and maybe costume making. As someone who has always had the aptitude for making/building/creating things, I figured it would be great to combine that skill with my love for theatre and live entertainment. My husband, NateTheRiddler as you may know him, suggested that Control Booth would be a good place for advice, tips, and all of the above as I begin my journey into the industry.

Thus, here I am! I'm looking forward to learning from everyone here as I have much to learn. 😄

Welcome aboard (or down the rabbit hole) ask questions to learn, share experiences to enhance others learning and generally hang out.
Regards
Geoff

Hello!
My name is Susanna, but Lily works too. I've spent most of my younger years on the stage rather than behind, so I'm fairly familiar with the on-stage portion of a production. I've dabbled a little with sound engineering and have learned quite a bit about lighting since my husband is an LD. Recently though, I've wanted to get my hands into prop making and things relating to props/scenic and maybe costume making. As someone who has always had the aptitude for making/building/creating things, I figured it would be great to combine that skill with my love for theatre and live entertainment. My husband, NateTheRiddler as you may know him, suggested that Control Booth would be a good place for advice, tips, and all of the above as I begin my journey into the industry.

Thus, here I am! I'm looking forward to learning from everyone here as I have much to learn. 😄
Welcome aboard Sly Sue the Lilly; you read like you'll fit in.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Welcome! Now is as good a time as any to dig deep into the vast wings of CB! Much like tech rehearsal don't forget to take a 10 and step out into the light once in a while :grin:

Thanks for all the welcomes! :D I'm sure there's a great bunch of people on here.
Though I do wonder who this Sue is since I'm Susanna. I'm just one of those weird people who's quite particular about my name. 😅 Susanna actually means Lily in some languages, so that's where that came from.

Thanks for all the welcomes! :D I'm sure there's a great bunch of people on here.
Though I do wonder who this Sue is since I'm Susanna. I'm just one of those weird people who's quite particular about my name. 😅 Susanna actually means Lily in some languages, so that's where that came from.
Got it Thank You understood; offense neither intended nor taken.
In the old days of face to face business cards and handshakes I always made a point of speaking / replying as spoken by the person rather than any / all formal names printed on their cards.
My initial welcome is often presumed to be an automated reply; to the contrary. I tired of retyping it every time I noticed an unfamiliar pseudonym in the "Who's on line" box. I routinely do a cut 'n paste from the last welcome I sent and send it to any new pseudonyms.
With my apologies, I 'll do my best not to offend you any further.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Got it Thank You understood; offense neither intended nor taken.
In the old days of face to face business cards and handshakes I always made a point of speaking / replying as spoken by the person rather than any / all formal names printed on their cards.
My initial welcome is often presumed to be an automated reply; to the contrary. I tired of retyping it every time I noticed an unfamiliar pseudonym in the "Who's on line" box. I routinely do a cut 'n paste from the last welcome I sent and send it to any new pseudonyms.
With my apologies, I 'll do my best not to offend you any further.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard
Not a problem! I get it all the time, so I'm not offended at all. I'm just one of those people who will point it out sort of thing. Thanks again for the welcome! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back