*waves* Hi everyone :D

Hey there!~

My name is Brittany, and I am a lighting Designer/Technician in training. I am currently a junior at Barnstable High-school. (nominated best drama club in the North East by Stage Directions Magazine :D). Messing around with our lighting equipment is basically my hobby. I live at our Performing Arts Center, it's my second home.

My little obsession of lighting began when I was asked on a whim to work a follow spot for a play in my sophomore year. Ever since then my talent grew. Lighting is my life, I love putting my full potential into my work. Just hearing the crowd awe at the work I do gives me the greatest feeling in the world.

But, for my future, I hope to get my masters degree in lighting design. *crosses fingers* My dream is to work in an Opera house, or a large Broadway Theatre. Should you wish to chat over instant messenger feel free to IM me, Im always willing to talk to new people. :D

(copied and pasted from my bio...*has mastered the art of quick commands* Take that keyboard!

Hey Brittany! If you like learning more about your obsession, this will certainly become a third home. Welcome!

Welcome to CB Brittany! Hopefully you will find us to be a valuable resource. So cruise the forums and dont hesitate to jump in with questions, comments, answers, and advice. Also, make use of the search feature as there is lots of great info on the site.

Oh, and what's with the "Massachusetts...blech" in your profile? I grew up in MA, Newton to be exact, and I liked it. Since you invited people to IM you, you are more than welcome to IM me, I am happy to talk shop and whatnot.

Aahhh I remember when I was in highschool and fell in love with lighting *sigh*...
That was awhile ago. And I can say that your passion will likely grow.

Welcome to the community indeed. I hope you have a good time communicating with us. All of us are ready to answer any questions you may have, ready to bounce ideas back and forth, ans so-on.

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back