Welcome to ControlBooth 5.0

dvsDave

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Senior Team
CB Mods
Fight Leukemia
This is the launch of the next gen ControlBooth.com. In technical terms, we upgraded from Xenforo 1.5 to 2.1, but it's a massive upgrade!

We have the ability to do new things, like type emojis. Just type a colon, then type a description, like taco, and you'll get a popup with available emoji. 🌮 If you can't tell, I'm pretty excited to finally have the taco emoji available on CB.

The new site is much better and faster with smartphones.

Attachments and adding pictures is now drag and drop.

proxy.php

We also now have native Push Notifications for desktop browsers and Android devices. Sorry, iOS folks, Apple doesn't want to play nice with the open standards for push notifications right now. I am working on getting something like OneSignal up and running for iOS users.

It's pretty pushy about wanting you to accept push notifications. *Nothing* has push to my desktop browsers.

I've been perfectly happy about reply notices coming in by email on my phone, to date...

It's pretty pushy about wanting you to accept push notifications. *Nothing* has push to my desktop browsers.

I've been perfectly happy about reply notices coming in by email on my phone, to date...

Did you have to click block more than once? Let me know. I'll look into it. It's a new feature for me too.

It asked if I wanted push, and when I said no, it said "are you sure? It's really really handy" or something akin in tone to that. :)
Plus it had a problem with z-stacking and opacity in the second message, making it hard to see the

"Yes -- Later -- Nosirree"

option choices.

It asked if I wanted push, and when I said no, it said "are you sure? It's really really handy" or something akin in tone to that. :)
Plus it had a problem with z-stacking and opacity in the second message, making it hard to see the

option choices.
I have the same issue on mobile (Android), the second box is an annoyingly translucent yellow, with yellow-orange option text.

I use to be able to read to bottom of thread and then jump to unread with one click. Now two. What am I missing?

Good Morning, all! I will working on CB to address these issues pretty much all day! So, I'm making it a party. I've got a Zoom meeting going, so join me and hang out for a while. Zoom meetings are free and you don't have to sign up for anything, just click the link, download the tiny bit of software if you've never done a zoom meeting before and poof! you are in!

option choices.

How's this for revised language? I also think I got the color issue fixed on the 2nd popup.

1573924720624.png

Am I missing some visual indication that a forum or thread has unread post?

What used to be bold vs normal text and the little box at the right end of the subject line.

Got the main forum list fixed, working on the thread view. Having trouble finding the code that controls that :confused:

Got the main forum list fixed, working on the thread view. Having trouble finding the code that controls that :confused:

Got it! Spend the last hour tracking down what was overriding the bolding of the unread threads. At some point, I set the site links to be the correct color, but I must have set the font-weight as normal. Because it was set at the top level, the override to make it bold wasn't high enough in the DOM to override the primary setting. As soon as I removed the font-weight option from the sitewide links, that fixed it. :doh:

I use to be able to read to bottom of thread and then jump to unread with one click. Now two. What am I missing?

The update to the site basically wiped out your read/unread history, as far as new posts goes. It kept the basic read/ unread threads history but lost the "read up to X post" history. From here out, once you read a thread, and then there are new posts, clicking the thread title will bring you straight to the first unread post.

Push? Z-stacking?? I'm only 51 but feel 5.1 is... foreign or too new for me in specializing in pre-1979 technology.

"The message soliciting permission for browser-push notifications"

and

"The stacking of one non-opaque dialog atop another, so it's hard to tell which one you're supposed to be interacting with".

:)

RFE: In anything but a completely dark booth, it's a bit difficult to discern the framework of the thread pages; would you entertain moving the brightness level of the non-page-background elements up a notch?

I note that there's a persistent bottom of screen toaster message now saying
"ControlBooth would like your permission to enable push notifications."
Even though I'd said Never Ask Again, the first time.
I'll let you know if it returns.

Check your permissions here: https://www.controlbooth.com/account/preferences About 3/4 of the way down, there is a section for push notifications. It should show Blocked. If it does show blocked, then let me know if you see it again. I personally can't stand it when sites are pushy about push notifications, I only have them enabled for a few places (seriously, don't need my local peruvian place sending me push notifications, that will just end in a lot of chicken 🍗 )

This is the launch of the next gen ControlBooth.com. In technical terms, we upgraded from Xenforo 1.5 to 2.1, but it's a massive upgrade!

We have the ability to do new things, like type emojis. Just type a colon, then type a description, like taco, and you'll get a popup with available emoji. 🌮 If you can't tell, I'm pretty excited to finally have the taco emoji available on CB.

The new site is much better and faster with smartphones.

Attachments and adding pictures is now drag and drop.

proxy.php
New version is banger on my 5 year old iPad, and is fabulous on desktop (not while) at work. Totally not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back