Welcome to ControlBooth 5.0

So, I checked on the forums for the XenForo software and there does not appear to be a way to turn this off. I thought there might be a way to do it with an inline code block, but that doesn't work. I'll be bringing this up as a suggestion with the devs.
Being a Geezer, 'way back in grade school, an English Grammar teacher hammered into my skull:
One space after commas (,) & semi colons (;).
Two spaces after periods (.) & colons :)) exclamation marks (!) and interrogation (?) marks.
Periods and two spaces after abbreviations.
Apostrophes in place of missing letters in contractions.

When proofing my posts I was certain I'd entered two spaces after periods ending sentences yet once posting, only one space would appear.
Being a responsible sort'a guy; I'd edit, note two spaces, add one more, save changes and DANG! Still only one space.
In my younger days this would've bothered me; now a days it's just more water of this old duck's back.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Last edited:
Two spaces after periods (.) & colons :)) exc;a,ation marks (!) and interrogation (?) marks.
Periods and two spaces after abbreviations.

Well, the rule "changed" to 1 space after in typeset variable-pitch material, but I've done this for 30 years, and I find that the extra space is still helpful to readability. In fixed pitch material (including typewriting), it's still a necessity.

I was going to go for the serious reply, pulling out a bunch of links to 8 and 12 graf replies that taught people a whole lot, but I just let you take it, Dave. :)

It is on laptop at top of thread, but not on tablet or phone. But my point was it would be convenient to have that link at the bottom. I post, and then want to go to next unread thread without scrolling and without having to open the "hamburger"

It is on laptop at top of thread, but not on tablet or phone. But my point was it would be convenient to have that link at the bottom. I post, and then want to go to next unread thread without scrolling and without having to open the "hamburger"
There's a shortcut icon.
Screenshot_20200112-165532.png

Well I see it but it doesn't do same as new posts. I went to another to thread, read new posts, and hit the lightening bolt, and the thread I just finished reading was still there. I'm sure I read last post on last page.

Oh. Mobile web.

Assume people will interpret UI reports in the context of the desktop/Web UI unless you specify.

@dvsDave: is that what the lightning bolt is *supposed* to do?

Also: wasn't there a native app that was supposed to get reheated after the migration? Any movement on that yet?

The "new posts" links to https://www.controlbooth.com/whats-new/posts/ while the lightning bolt links to https://www.controlbooth.com/whats-new/ (without the "posts/" bit). Were they intended to go to the same place?

And I guess I wouldn't immediately think of "lightning bolt" as meaning "see what has changed," though I will admit I know full well from personal experience developing software and user interfaces that finding icons that have something resembling innate meaning for highly conceptual ideas is not exactly easy. That is to say, in more direct terms, I don't have a clue as to what simple pictogram would more readily convey newness or changedness.

I find that the button I use most is the "new posts" that goes to a list of posts I have not read or not marked as read. Laptop, tablet, phone. Simple. I feel certain it appeared at top of a thread in previous mobile without having to open the hamburger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back