Well... there it is.

Oh wow...I kinda saw this coming with the theater industry. A couple of my places that I work at are already closing down for X amount of time, so I'm kind of panicking about my upcoming work situation right now.

I wish there was an "oh sh*t" emoji on here. I am so thankful that I work for a state institution. Many of my theatre friends are going to be royally screwed by this whole situation..... Meanwhile, us regional folk have to weigh out the options to continue with productions already in the works or to cancel. yeeesh.

There are award-winning designers out there asking for Venmo donations since they are losing thousands of dollars in gigs

Our Dept. of Theater cancelled rehearsals and events thru end of semester. Music recitals tried to keep running under a stipulation of no larger a “gathering” of 50, with no clue if that meant audience or included performers and staff. In any event the department is shedding events in a continual flurry of e-mails. And they decided no public attendance.

We have a set build in progress too. Today the box office capped ticket sales to 150 per performance, but I have a feeling that this is only a stopgap solution.

Last edited:
My weekend event was cancelled so consolation concert in hotel lobby. Live on Facebook
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

We haven't had anything canceled yet. It's probably coming in the next couple of days though. The tour that was in today has had their next couple of shows canceled, so they're all out of work for the next couple of weeks. And they're talking about canceling the rest of the tour.

Also previously announced:

My venue is closed and we are clearing the calendar 2 weeks at a time. I assume dance recital season will be done as most studios are also closing early. So, that puts us out to July.

We're likely to get there very soon, if an unconfirmed tweet is to be believed. I'm waiting on an official statement from the authorities before kicking the "refund tickets and recoup costs" processes into gear.

... and we're there.

Last edited:
Okay. Now this thing is getting serious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back