Vintage Lighting Westinghouse Stage Lights

Dionysus

Hi all,

See lots posted about old Kiegl Brothers and Strand, and others... But don't remember seeing anything about Westinghouse.

At the Palace Theatre in London Ontario (Owned by London Community Players), they have a number of Westinghouse fresnels of different sizes and some round floodlights. Not sure where they lived before. The organization turned the building from a Cinema into a Live theatre (was originally built as a vaudeville house and movie theatre) in the 1980s. They were at several theatres before they moved here, and it is a very long and interesting history... Someone should make a book.

These lights likely came with them from a previous home and Im sure lived at a larger professional theatre before that. Not sure but with enough poking I might be able to find out.

Here are 2 of the fixtures mentioned, I could of course take more photos in future, if anyone is interested.

No idea how old they are.

Attachments

• 20180418_145307.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 551
  • 20180418_150852.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 544
  • 20180418_150913.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 545
Wow! you both destroyed my world but thanks SteveB in protentional explanation. I have no defined objections in parts or holes thankfully on these associated with Altman - but never knew that resale under a different brand thing. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back