What are some flashy lighting effects for a choir concert

ntcsound

What are your creative ideas for an otherwise boering preformace? I need ideas that I can do with source fours, fresnels, par cans, ect. I have an etc 24/48 board so I can automise some cool effects but I can't come up with too many.

personal i have found that many people get mad when i change the cyc's color for different songs. a chior concert shouldnt really have effects imo.

This HS choir sucks so bad that if you don't have a strong technical show, the audience (mostly parents) gets bored and starts doing stupid things like throwing paper airplanes around (no joke). And anyway, the director wants cool effects because it makes it fun. I just can't come up with very many ideas.

the problem with any cool effects is that parents generally want to see their kids, and even interesting colored gells would make the kids on stage look kinda stupid. i mean if you can do backlight it would look cool, but little jonnie's parents would rather see him sing than have a light show.

1) change cyc color
2) if you have intels or can do it, rotate appropriate gobos during certain songs, or parts of songs, but don't do it too noticably
3) Have some "cosmetic" lights around--maybe some pars on the floor shootingup along columns or something, you know?
4) have some lights over the audience--wash the audience in light during really upbeat songs, try a yellow or something, that'd be cool
4b) gobos over audience
5) light the roof for some songs
6) Try to do a fade of colors fromone side of the stage wash to the other. Like, go from an all red to (fading) one side blue the other red, then both sides blue. Like a fade anno job on a paintball gun.
7) four lights spaced evenly along cyc shooting straight down to form four white light columnson cyc. Cool! :)

1) change cyc color
2) if you have intels or can do it, rotate appropriate gobos during certain songs, or parts of songs, but don't do it too noticably
3) Have some "cosmetic" lights around--maybe some pars on the floor shootingup along columns or something, you know?
4) have some lights over the audience--wash the audience in light during really upbeat songs, try a yellow or something, that'd be cool
4b) gobos over audience
5) light the roof for some songs
6) Try to do a fade of colors fromone side of the stage wash to the other. Like, go from an all red to (fading) one side blue the other red, then both sides blue. Like a fade anno job on a paintball gun.
7) four lights spaced evenly along cyc shooting straight down to form four white light columnson cyc. Cool! :)

for my band concert tonight i was going to program our cycs to fade around like blue, purple and red. but i got lazy i didnt care enough too.

propmonkey said:
for my band concert tonight i was going to program our cycs to fade around like blue, purple and red. but i got lazy i didnt care enough too.

I'm jealous for two reasons:

1) you can program lights to do things like that (I have two chases, true, that I can program, but then I have to set each fading interval in there as a step, and I think I can only go to 32 steps)
2) You can programs lights to fade in THREE different colors. (right now, all myh lights are white, but mainly because I haven't had time to regell yet. but, i don't have enough lights for three colors of anything! )

Well, if they are available, a dozen or so curtain strobes used either in front of the first teaser, or FOH and on Box Booms work especially well during applause after a big finish. I have used them in almost every concert I have ever lit and always gotten compliments.

JahJahwarrior said:
propmonkey said:

I'm jealous for two reasons:

1) you can program lights to do things like that (I have two chases, true, that I can program, but then I have to set each fading interval in there as a step, and I think I can only go to 32 steps)
2) You can programs lights to fade in THREE different colors. (right now, all myh lights are white, but mainly because I haven't had time to regell yet. but, i don't have enough lights for three colors of anything! )

It's not that his lights are being programmed or he has so many fixtures. It's probably his cyc fixtures, like most, are muilticellular. I have 24, 3-celled units. Each cell on every unit, is gelled green, blue, red. Allows you to mix and match, and have the basics while you're at it.

we have 6 3 cell cycs, all i have in are red and blue. i wish i could have green but if i changes everyother blue to green it would be to washed out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back