What are these three?

Brooks

Hello Group,
I am here because I am writing a book and am hoping that the collective knowledge here can solve a few light mysteries. I am researching three different model Fresnels and need to identify each one. I believe the first one is a KLIEGL Model #53, in use from 1943 to '54. Am thinking that the second one is an Altman 65Q but thee seem to be so many out there between '54 and present day that it is still not clear. The one shown was in use from '54 to '73. The third, however was also being used from the mid '60's until '73 but have no idea what model it is... I would greatly appreciate any data on all three of these, if possible.GK 48-50 spotlight lit shot(left side) Large oval badge1.jpg GK 59(SK)Basin St. (Nic SK-Snare lug on 13) color3 copy.jpg GK 68 (red-black shld)Metropole (partial).jpg

Welcome! Paging @ship, master antique fixture identification.

Yeah, #1 certainly looks Kleigl-sh.
#2 could be a Plano-Convex spot or a Fresnel.
#3 looks very Mole-Richardson 2k or 3k-ish. The red color is the give-away for the manufacturer. you'd have to do some serious photo forensics to determine the size.
All look to be rigged for movie studio use on stands. The Kleigl looks to have been dropped...
and yeah, @ship will know.

The Q on the Altman 65 model number was added in the late 70's. (as best I recall) It represented a fixture intended for a quartz-halogen lamp rather than a standard incandescent. I don't recall the actual changes involved; light center length, reflector size??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back