What are these?

I'm not sure that I understand what your talking about with the table lamp idea.
He basically want you to scrap them and make them into collectors item table lamps.
Many Mole-Richardson lights have lived out their retirement as coffee tables in the offices of entertainment companies.

I thought everyone had seen this. I didn't invent it, nor have I ever done it, but I think it would look great in a Lighting Designer's or TD's office. Remember, I never claimed to be Lynette Jennings or even Christopher Lowell! But Candace Olsen, wow!

Last edited:
That's odd, I don't see a UL or CE sticker anywhere.
Fire inspectors love that kind of thing.

The UL label appears on the "lamp kit" one buys at HD or Lowe's or the craft store. The lamp base I built for my mother in high school woodshop class was never certified by a fire inspector, but I got an A nonetheless.

The threaded tube of the medium screwbase socket goes thru the center 1/2" yoke bolt hole, so no alteration to the fixture is required. I may just have to do this to a Source4 just to prove it can be done.

I think the one on the right is a Kliegl, and the one on the left is a Century.

Also, that PAR on the left looks rather aged as well.

EDIT: I flipped through my TD's Photometrics Handbook today. There was an Altman in there that looked just like the leko on the left, except it had the standard Altman lamp base cap instaed of that "bail" cap. Also, the gel frame holders seem very Century. Knowing the many early Altman's were patterned after Century instruments, I stand by my feeling that the left one is Century.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back