what COLOR projection screen?

Discussion in 'Multimedia, Projection, and Show Control' started by flyweed, Sep 9, 2019 at 11:31 AM.

1. flyweed

flyweed Member

Hey folks. So we are plunging into the wonderful world of "projection backdrops" for our HS Musicals, shows, etc. We just did a trial run with Disney's Frozen Jr. and loved that we could project ALL backdrops onto one "drop" and that the drops were "animated" which was very cool

Anyway...what we'd like to do now, is make our "projection screen" (old light blue sky cyc) more "reflective". We just bought a new "cyc" for our lighting system, so we can use the old sky cyc any way we see fit.

My main question is..I've read good and bad about "paint" products like Behr's "Silver screen" and such. So should we try and paint our old cyc white, so it's got better reflectivity, and less light pass through? Or would we be better off to paint it black, so we see richer deeper colors and have more contrast? or maybe both, paint the back side black and the front side white?

Any thoughts on this idea??

Thanks

RonHebbard likes this.
  2. SS Minnow

SS Minnow Member

3. ruinexplorer

ruinexplorer Sherpa CB Mods Premium Member Fight Leukemia

Projectionist
    I second something like screen goo. Painting the back black will certainly help with light bleeding through, it won't help (much) with contrast. Look at the high contrast screen goo to help with that.

RonHebbard likes this.
  4. Lextech

Lextech Well-Known Member

"Mmmmm, free goo" - Homer

On a serious note, Screen Goo works.

RonHebbard likes this.