What do I say???

Amiers

Renting to Corporate One Fixture at a Time.
So as most of you know I run the lighting dept at my job. Recently we purchased a 100 brand new Colordash 18s. They are awesome. Few things I would change but they are an upgrade to the fleet. Well after 2 months on the road we had 17 come back broken.

We got them fixed
87BA7B13-B7CC-47C9-BD8B-F337BB122B4F.jpeg

Well last week my tech calls me and says one of these things is in Chinese. I laughed and said nah that’s not a thing. I said proof, said no time and it’s working so your problem. Well we get it back today. Lo and behold my QC guy plugs it in says nothing wrong I walk over push the menu button once and
21182E41-348E-46EE-B1FB-98A41FCD0974.jpeg

I did already place a call to chauvet the guy on the other end I don’t think he really understood what I was saying but conclusion main board as their is no language change option in the menus or clear code, that he was willing to give me, to factory reset the fixture.

Thank you for reading my rant 😆!!

Hi Amiers,
First-off... I'm sorry for your frustration.

We have in our engineering testing (on occasion) jacked-up a unit so bad that it had to have the software re-flashed. This has usually occurred when there was some sort of electrical shock (static discharge, most commonly) directly to the PCB, while the unit was open for evaluation/repair. When that happens the control portion for the screen can get zapped... whatever software was on the display when it was shipped to the factory (usually some test characters) show-up, instead of the data that the fixture is sending the screen. These are just test characters (probably not a menu in Chinese, but just random characters that the Display company sends on the base firmware). This is in the screen's base-level firmware...

The way to get it back is to restore/update the software (if you're lucky). This can be done in 3 ways... Depending on how badly it was broken will dictate how to fix it.
1, use the appropriate software updater to re-flash the latest software. In this case, it's the UPLOAD-03.
2. re-flash the software at the board level (which requires a special uploader that i don't think exists outside of our Product Development team)
3. just replace the Display PCB.

Sorry I don't have better news for you.

Last edited:
Nah, I’m not frustrated. If 1 light out of 100 have issues that now that I know just a display glitch. It isn’t the end of the world. Plus they should still be under warranty. Thankfully I save a few boxes 😂😂😂.

This rant is more of a look what I found!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back