What do PAR lamps and rebar have in common?

derekleffew

Resident Curmudgeon
Senior Team
Premium Member
An easy one. Nobody better say they both conduct electricity. Or that if you send enough current through them, they light up.

[This post had been previously hidden.]

Both diameters are measured in 1/8".

Last edited by a moderator:
Depending on The diameter of the rebar, Im guessing they could both be used in a PAR Can? :grin:

EDIT: Or the both provide some sort of protection during a lamp Explosion?

Last edited:
They both....... provide support for the structure? Figurative and literal?

They fall from a poorly built structure at the exact same acceleration, +/- air resistance?

They both conduct electricity. And, they both light up when you have enough electricity running through them!

Seriously, I would say that they both are metal, and all the PARS I've seen have had some kind of guard in them, so...really small rebar!

Well... They rhyme. Somewhat... And they can both hurt like hell! :twisted:

Serious guess, does it have to do with the way they're measured? For both rebar and PAR lamps, the diameter is expressed such that the diameter is 1/8 of the nominal size (PAR64 = 8", #3 Rebar = 0.375").

The 'a' and the 'r'? (or is that TOO obvious)
They both belong in concrete... except the PAR lamp?

They both had a use in the locomotive industry at some time in history.

And they're both designed to be used as tools of brute force (figurative or literal) rather then of finese.

Seriously though, you may need to be more specific if you want to get good answers.

Actually it has a correct answer and enough info has been asked. There is even a partial answer already. I can't answer because I am a pro in both trades.

Well... They rhyme. Somewhat... And they can both hurt like hell! :twisted:

Serious guess, does it have to do with the way they're measured? For both rebar and PAR lamps, the diameter is expressed such that the diameter is 1/8 of the nominal size (PAR64 = 8", #3 Rebar = 0.375").

This seems like the most likely answer that we desire.

This seems like the most likely answer that we desire.

While that's always true for a PAR lamp, doesn't it stop being true for rebar at a certain point?

Also, I'd like to add that they are both shortened versions of longer, complete names.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back