what do you guys prefer tool box or tool bag.

Which do you prefer ? tool box or tool bag

• Total voters
I am learning that there are a lot of students on here. When I was just starting my career, I would geek out over cases and storage. I don't know if that makes me a pack rat or an uber geek. Here are some pics from a job with AVW TELAV in Montreal. This is by far one of the neater set boxes I have seen. Since I usually am moving from one job to another quickly my box has to travel with me. I wish I could build a box this nice and complete.

Attachments

• misc_070207_002.jpg
    misc_070207_002.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 38
  • misc_070207_010.jpg
    misc_070207_010.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 41
  • misc_070207_011.jpg
    misc_070207_011.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 43
  • misc_070207_012.jpg
    misc_070207_012.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 41
I have learned over the years to pack the things that the folks back at the production company's shop seem to forget. I'll post a list later on if I get the chance. No matter what you as a freelancer pack, you cannot save the packers from themselves sometimes. Just ask the person who had to drive from New Orleans to Memphis overnight to bring me a lens this week.

... with known and trusted providers ...

Most of the people I work for, the more I know them, the less I trust them.

I actually think there are two questions here.

I walk onto a job with
6" Bahco Crescent wrench
Leatherman Blast (Recently had my 12 year old classic stolen at a rig up)
Maglite
several rolls of Electricians tape
Gloves

In my car I have
My Electricians tool box
My Spanners and grips tool box
My Cordless
My magic box. (contains all sorts of goodies including plugs, various convertors and spares for my equipment.)

If I have planned correctly and nothing major goes wrong I never have to go to my car.

Most of the people I work for, the more I know them, the less I trust them.
And that is why I have my yellow box. For a more painful in depth look at it, go here: My Workbox.

Attachments

• DSC_5522.JPG
    DSC_5522.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 29

Users who are viewing this thread

Back