What do you want to know about at LDI?

gafftaper

Senior Team
Senior Team
Fight Leukemia
Post your requests here and @dvsDave, myself, and other CB members will do our best to get your questions answered and find out more about the products you want to know about.

Stop by the Elation and ADJ booths for sure!!

Yeah, I plan to do a search for budget LED fixtures that can produce a quality white and don't have what I call that digital look to saturated colors.

I haven't really had any connections at Elation/ADJ since Jim left, so I look forward to getting a tour Bob!

It would be great if you could spend more time with the Lightshark controller and some of the other products from Equipson/Work Pro.

Yeah, I plan to do a search for budget LED fixtures that can produce a quality white and don't have what I call that digital look to saturated colors.

I haven't really had any connections at Elation/ADJ since Jim left, so I look forward to getting a tour Bob!

I can definitely spend some time with you!

Are you looking for static lights or movers?

Hopefully the Devious Duo can check out the assimilation of part of the SamHarmanSung borg, especially the ONYX NX things. Especially the NX4 with flying faders (oops that's Neve-ious), moving faders.
While there the sevenbatten looks mighty tasty, that lime adds a certain je ne sais quoi.

Last edited:
I can definitely spend some time with you!
Are you looking for static lights or movers?

Static. We get so many posts around here from small theaters wanting to add LED's to their inventory asking if some random Chinese product will be good... and it won't. They want to move up in the world and add LED's but the cheap fixtures just won't look good paired with their incadescent inventory. Over the last few years there's been a line around $500-$600 for the minimum price to get a static LED fixture that will truly look good blending in with incandescent lights.

So given that technology is always getting cheaper, my goal is to see where that line is this year and make a list of LED products you can add to your rig and won't regret buying because they make your actors look weird.

Hopefully the Devious Duo can check out the assimilation of part of the SamHarmanSung borg, especially the ONYX NX things. Especially the NX4 with flying faders (oops that's Neve-ious), moving faders.
While there the sevenbatten looks mighty tasty, that lime adds a certain je ne sais quoi.
We will try, things have been so confusing in that booth the last few years.

I'm going to take the 2-day Rigging Fundamentals class and finally force myself to exercise better rigging discipline; would make for better communication with riggers, and just general safety sense, too.

We will try, things have been so confusing in that booth the last few years.

No more stickers over logos. Everything now is Obsidian original!

Static. We get so many posts around here from small theaters wanting to add LED's to their inventory asking if some random Chinese product will be good... and it won't. They want to move up in the world and add LED's but the cheap fixtures just won't look good paired with their incadescent inventory. Over the last few years there's been a line around $500-$600 for the minimum price to get a static LED fixture that will truly look good blending in with incandescent lights.

So given that technology is always getting cheaper, my goal is to see where that line is this year and make a list of LED products you can add to your rig and won't regret buying because they make your actors look weird.

Elation will have higher budget options. Fuze Par, SixPar and SevenPar. Most are above the $5-600 mark you have. ADJ will be the sweet spot for the mid level market these days.

Elation will have higher budget options. Fuze Par, SixPar and SevenPar. Most are above the $5-600 mark you have. ADJ will be the sweet spot for the mid level market these days.
Yeah, there's a lot of good stuff between $500 and $700. The question I'm interested in finding out is if there's anything worthy in the $250-$400 range. I suspect it's going to be a matter of the lower the price gets the more you have to compromise and there's a point around $250 that things look fine in a small club and on a DJ stage but are unusable in a theater environment with incandescent fixtures. I look forward to chatting with you Bob!

Yeah, there's a lot of good stuff between $500 and $700. The question I'm interested in finding out is if there's anything worthy in the $250-$400 range. I suspect it's going to be a matter of the lower the price gets the more you have to compromise and there's a point around $250 that things look fine in a small club and on a DJ stage but are unusable in a theater environment with incandescent fixtures. I look forward to chatting with you Bob!

$228 gets you a sweet little gobo projector!

https://www.apollodesign.net/spotfx

Saw a preview video for the Chauvet Professional R1 BEAMWASH. Looks like a small, tight, and bright fixture that would work really well for a wide
range of applications, so any $$ estimate, impressions, comments, or thoughts appreciated.

Last edited:
Find the Bellatex booth and ask why on a project in Wisconsin their everfloor is curling - all the edges turning up like the top layers were shrinking.

Saw a preview video for the Chauvet Professional R1 BEAMWASH. Looks like a small, tight, and bright fixture that would work really well for a wide
range of applications, so any $$ estimate, impressions, comments, or thoughts appreciated.
I'm very impressed. It's small and has a ton of kick. The "Map price" is $1,600. So with a package deal and depending on the relationship with the dealer, you should be able to get them for less than that. Below you will find pictures. Most important check out the shot with the arrow. That circle of light with the arrow. That's what the R1 looks like at about 40' to 50' away in the middle of the show floor. There's a lot of bang in a tiny package. I definitely think it's worth your consideration. IMG_20191124_105451.jpg
IMG_20191124_105437__01.jpg
IMG_20191124_105348__01.jpg

Find the Bellatex booth and ask why on a project in Wisconsin their everfloor is curling - all the edges turning up like the top layers were shrinking.
I spoke to Bellatex and they will be calling momentarily.

I'm very impressed. It's small and has a ton of kick. The "Map price" is $1,600. So with a package deal and depending on the relationship with the dealer, you should be able to get them for less than that. Below you will find pictures. Most important check out the shot with the arrow. That circle of light with the arrow. That's what the R1 looks like at about 40' to 50' away in the middle of the show floor. There's a lot of bang in a tiny package. I definitely think it's worth your consideration.
Thanks for the info and the pictures. Definitely going to check them out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back