What do you want us to report on?

gafftaper

Senior Team
Senior Team
Fight Leukemia
@dvsDave and myself will be at LDI shooting video and checking out the latest gear. Post your requests here of what you want us to report on and we'll try to check them out and report back for you.

Well, I'll be there, but consider the led retro lamp segment. It's a common question here, and video should give an idea of dimming. Plus, they are often in the small, non-main stream, booths.

Probably on the agenda but stop by and harass umm say HowDeDo to @DELO72 and take the gizzerblinky testing device to compare the FLx to the FL. How about a stop by the Group One Limited booth for a look at the Avolites Arena.

Probably on the agenda but stop by and harass umm say HowDeDo to @DELO72 and take the gizzerblinky testing device to compare the FLx to the FL. How about a stop by the Group One Limited booth for a look at the Avolites Arena.

Unfortunately, I don't have the Sekonic C-700 this time around. :( It was borrowed from our rep, but he's no longer with that company. Although, @DELO72 had been interested in getting one for himself....

Last edited:
I wonder if ETC will have the EOS and Cobalt programming wings on display.

Reactions: Ric
LED Fresnels please! Not an adapter, but the real thing. Full colour changing, not straight white.

LED Fresnels please! Not an adapter, but the real thing. Full colour changing, not straight white.

Altman has their new Pegasus Fresnel series, and ChromaQ has their new Studio One 100. We'll definitely be taking a look at these!

Crud you're right. I misread the Studio One 100 description. @gafftaper and I will keep an eye out for Full Color LED Fresnels and let you know!

Well, there is always the Robe DL4F, but wait!!!!!! THERE'S MORE, it jiggles, it wiggles, it spins around AND it has built in barndoors!!!. Sigh, too bad it costs so much.

Well, theres the LED Source 4 Fresnel kit..
Not the cheapest option...
But maybe a good option.
He specifically said no adapter, he wants a "true" Fresnel. I haven't seen any LED "true" fresnels in the past but maybe someone has one out now. I'll definitely be looking for one.

Last edited:
Work at height gear, maybe?

So, coolest item I have seen so far is the RDM2Go from chauvet! It is a great little piece of kit. It has nearly all the functions of all he other handheld Dmx tools on the market, but also includes RDM tools. In testing in the chauvet booth, it was very impressive for the price point!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I haven't seen a full color led Fresnel here, but Altman has a pretty nice white LED Fresnel. Optics and color of white are beautiful. It was a little steppy, but the rep told me they were having problems with the controller and that it works great on full light board.

I have had two manufacturers tell me that a color Fresnel is coming in the next year so be patient or go with white LED.

EDIT: Actually, the Seachanger Wash light is now LED powered. So yes there is one. Thanks to @JChenault for reminding me.

Last edited:
For those of you here, be sure you see the PRG "Ground Control" remote control follow spot... I have seen the future. We will have video later.

Also the collapsible truss from Tomcat is pretty amazing. Again video later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back