What Harness Do You Use?

rochem

Title says it all. (Also, I can't believe we haven't ever had a thread like this).

What harness do you currently use, and what do you like/dislike about it? What have you used? If you don't own one, what does your employer provide, and how do you like it?

The inspiration for this thread is that it's quickly approaching time to retire my current Sapsis harness. It has served me very well, and I highly recommend it as a simple and economical fall protection harness, but I'm starting to spend more 8+ hour days harnessed up, and I need something more comfortable and more suitable for work positioning.

I have a Yates full body positioning harness (sorry, don't have the model handy). It's this one without the new leg connection.

Some of the other techs have a slightly different model that has better accessory connections which I would prefer. It's comfy for wearing long periods and decent to suspend from.

Ive always really loved my DBI-SALA Exo-fit harness (crossover with positioning and front D rings). It is however soon due to be replaced and I am not sure what I'll replace it with.
The quick clips are a must in my opinion, they allow you to maintain sizing better to make putting the harness on WAY faster and easier, and the padding makes it much more comfortable for long periods of time. The way the back is constructed also makes it so your harness does not tangle up, etc. Many harnesses now have these which is great. When I bought my first one, DBI-SALA was the only one I could get of it's like, and now there are many. The prices have also dropped a bit which is nice.

Ropeworks harness. Made by Yates, they just put the Ropeworks badges on for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back