What is a Mackie 24.4 VLZ worth?

JimP0771

Hi

Does anyone here know what a Mackie 24.4 VLZ mixing consoled is worth. I am not going to sell the board I was just wondering how much it would be worth should I decide to sell it one day. The board in in good condition and works. However some of the pots makes noise when turning the pot nob. Other than that it is a good board. I learned sound on that board and use it all the time. I am no sound pro or had any schooling in sound I just learned hands on. Using this same board model. Thanks for any answers.

I see them for $200-250 asking price and the 16 channel ones about half that. I check sometimes because I too have several. I bet so, so many other people do too, all with between 1 and 3 noisy channels and pots. Wonder if anyone ever buys them.

$100 in that condition. $200 if it didn't need replacement faders/potentiometers.

Thank you all. It is a 24 Channel board. I am going to keep using it till it is totally dead. I like my board and it does for me what I need. Sense I would get so little for it I feel it does not make sense for me to sell it if I ever do. I guess I will just keep it and keep using it. Thanks for all the information though.

You can get a little more life out of the pots by spraying them with DeoxIt, but it is a bandaid and they will eventually start sounding bad again.

Ya I have a friend that does sound on Broadway and he to said spraying DeoxIt would help and be good for the board. I will have to look that up on google and see what I find on it and perhaps buy some and use it. Thanks to everyone here for your response here. Like I have said before I have no want or need to sell my board right now. I was just thinking to my self knowing what it would be worth if I were to sell it would be nice. Got my answer. Again thanks.

Ya I have a friend that does sound on Broadway and he to said spraying DeoxIt would help and be good for the board. I will have to look that up on google and see what I find on it and perhaps buy some and use it. Thanks to everyone here for your response here. Like I have said before I have no want or need to sell my board right now. I was just thinking to my self knowing what it would be worth if I were to sell it would be nice. Got my answer. Again thanks.
Caig Labs DeOXIT is now sold by Hosa (IIRC) and you can find it on the Large River Company online.

DO NOT spray it down the potentiometer shafts. All that will do is wash the "damping" down onto the conductive element. What you need to do is open the mixer and see if you can spray inside the "can" while operating the control. For sliders there is no easy way to clean them without washing the damping material onto the element. Cleaning faders requires disassembly and note that may will not come apart easily nor will reassembly be simple. Frankly you're better off pitching this mixer and replacing it. Seriously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back