The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

What is a trackpost fiber optic?

Discussion in 'Lighting and Electrics' started by muvment, Oct 9, 2007.

1. muvment

muvment Active Member

2. derekleffew

derekleffew Resident Curmudgeon Senior Team Premium Member

That's just weird. Looks to me as though someone has put a Trackspot label on a ColorPro fixture.
    OR,
    they've taken the mirror and shroud off the Trackspot, for use as a Fiber-Optic illuminator. In much the same way that some rock-n-roll lighting companies have created the "Cyber-Spot"-a manually panned and tilted version of the HES Cyberlight for use as a Truss Followspot.

3. len

len Well-Known Member

Looks more like the latter to me, although I don't know why. I guess it would be a cheap alternative for powering a fiber curtain, but I'd rather find the money for something that could actually color mix.

4. Footer

Footer Senior Team Senior Team Premium Member

It's exactly that, I have seen these used a few times and they work rather well. Basically, its from the shops that bought a trillion track spots and ask "what now". They are a cheap way to get an illuminator that has a color roll, shutter, and if you throw the gobos in you can get that twinkle effect.

5. icewolf08

icewolf08 CBMod CB Mods

Controls Technician - TAIT Towers
    At that going rate of $26 it may be worth buying... But my scene shop never wants to deal with installing fibre in anything... There have been a bunch of times that it would have been such a good effect.