What is a trackpost fiber optic?

That's just weird. Looks to me as though someone has put a Trackspot label on a ColorPro fixture.
OR,
they've taken the mirror and shroud off the Trackspot, for use as a Fiber-Optic illuminator. In much the same way that some rock-n-roll lighting companies have created the "Cyber-Spot"-a manually panned and tilted version of the HES Cyberlight for use as a Truss Followspot.

they've taken the mirror and shroud off the Trackspot, for use as a Fiber-Optic illuminator. In much the same way that some rock-n-roll lighting companies have created the "Cyber-Spot"-a manually panned and tilted version of the HES Cyberlight for use as a Truss Followspot.

Looks more like the latter to me, although I don't know why. I guess it would be a cheap alternative for powering a fiber curtain, but I'd rather find the money for something that could actually color mix.

That's just weird. Looks to me as though someone has put a Trackspot label on a ColorPro fixture.
OR,

It's exactly that, I have seen these used a few times and they work rather well. Basically, its from the shops that bought a trillion track spots and ask "what now". They are a cheap way to get an illuminator that has a color roll, shutter, and if you throw the gobos in you can get that twinkle effect.

At that going rate of $26 it may be worth buying... But my scene shop never wants to deal with installing fibre in anything... There have been a bunch of times that it would have been such a good effect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back