What is it? #034 : Stage Brace Hanger

derekleffew

Resident Curmudgeon
Senior Team
Premium Member
Even though I've built something that serves the same purpose, I never would have gotten this one in a million years. Submitted by [USER]MPowers[/USER].

034.jpg

i think it's a, and im going out on a limb here, a coat hanger?

Unhelpful rake?

Something that is supposed to hold cables on the wall?

That wouldn't be some sort of wicked(ly) ancient sunday or trim clamp device, would it?

Since I think it is from an area of theatre I have no experience, I will take stab. Is it a cleat of sorts. It seems to be a feed and flip type tie off for light lines.

Derek,

Thanks for posting this. I couldn't figure out the format. BTW, "never in a million years" was Derek's comment, not mine.

A couple of quick hints for you youngsters who have never seen this and many of you have never seen or used the equipment it works with.

1. It is not related to lighting or electrical.
2. A close-up look shows J.R. Clancy cast into the center as the manufacturer.
3. The fact that it is cast and the general look and style should give a clue to it's general date of manufacture.

Last edited:
Derek,

Thanks for posting this. I couldn't figure out the format.

A couple of quick hints for you youngsters who have never seen this and many of you have never seen or used the equipment it works with.

1. It is not related to lighting or electrical.
2. A close-up look shows J.R. Clancy cast into the center as the manufacturer.
3. The fact that it is cast and the general look and style should give a clue to it's general date of manufacture.

Is it an old school Rope Lock for hemp systems?

Something you made up just to put on here?

If only some one could give us some sort of clew.
Thats my best bet. Unless it's wrong...then I want nothing to do with it...

It's not for twisting hemp is it?

Not sure if this is intended as a QOTD or not -

I think it is hooks to store stage braces. ( the old kind that are out of hard wood, are adjustable, and that you used as part of lashing flats together. )

You mount in on the wall, and put the top of the brace between the triangle things and the stage brace would hang straight down for storage.

Mod note: This post was previously hidden.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back