What is it?

egilson1

Senior Team
Senior Team
CB Mods
Premium Member
ETCP Certified Technicians
I was doing an inspection the other day and found an interesting clamp that I had never seen before. It was being used like a "knuckle Buster" on an operating line as a stop. I have no idea what it's intended use was and was curious if anyone here might know.

You turn the grey knob and the jaw opens or closes.

IMG_0740.jpg

That's awesome. no fun spoiled at all.

Only because I live for this pedantic stuff... The picture is indeed of a KLIPLOK clamp formerly used on fuseholders that had lost their tension and would run hot (or worse). An actual Knuckle Buster is/was a malleable fitting that is installed on the hauling line of a counterweight set as an 'in' trim stop when it hit the top of the lock jaws. Its proximity there to the flyman's knuckles and the set locking lever has more than a little to do with its slang name. Still looking for picture of the actual device.

I’ve seen about three knuckle busters in actual use.

My knuckles hath been busted many times... Anyways, these also found use where the fuse was (intentionally or not) inserted "hot" and the ensuing meltage left one ear of the original mount in place and the other as vapor.

I worked in a venue where this happened and the ME pulled one of those out of his ditty bag and clamped it on (once the power was secured...). Show went on, new fuse holder the next day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back