What is my problem?

I can definatally take pictures of the setup, however, seeing cable numbers will be near impossible.

On another note, one of the people who was involved with the design (a guy who we have to call a few times a year when this happens), came in regarding this problem. He ended up re-loading the system configuration.

Things appear to be working normally now.

That doesn't mean that I still don't wanna figure this all out.
I'll get some pictures later this week and let you guys know what I find.

Some DSP systems are very sensitive to brownouts and other power fluctuations, if you keep having problems with what appears to be corrupted programming you might want to consider a small UPS for the DSP units. I've had a couple projects where that solved similar problems.

One year later....

Well, as I didn't specify on the last post a year ago, a mute had accidentally gotten pushed, that's what caused the problem.

A few months ago, both of our main Input modules for the DSP's were rebuilt, and we now have refurb ones basically! All in working order! :]

I ended up getting the configuration file, and installed the designer program on my computer. I will be loading it tonight to see whats going on! :] (excited)

Remember how I mentioned I had an automixer? That's actually part of the DSP...(I realize how stupid I sounded now...)

Recently, I discovered that signal would get through to the mains, even when the masters on the board were down. Further investigating last night showed that our "control room output" actually is a pre-fade main mix, and it goes right into the DSP as well...

Now...what I don't understand...is why they would run L+R+MONO??
To my knowledge, L drives L, R drives R, and L+R drives center, (or mono...?)
hmmm...sounds like I'm going in early tonight to get THAT sorted out! hahaha...

Any thoughts...suggestions as far as the LRMONO thing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back