Design What is Rosco Supergel?

This may sound like a dumb question, but what is Rosco Supergel?

I talked to a rep at Rosco and they said it was a high temp vision of their gel but when I talk to my distributors they say that Supergel is an old name and the policarbonat versions of the gel are already integrated into the line of Roscolux colors.

I am basically looking for a high temp version of R67 for some little cyc fixtures that burn gel like crazy. I have tried some Lee HT gel but that burns too.

Can you buy an RS67 in addition to the regular R67 that is higher temp?

Thanks,

-Chris

Chris, I don't think Supergel (which I thought was only available in Europe) would hold up any better than Roscolux. The solution, painful as it may be, is to use heat shield, and a color extender to keep the color at least 1/2" away from the heat shield.

Chris, I don't think Supergel (which I thought was only available in Europe) would hold up any better than Roscolux. The solution, painful as it may be, is to use heat shield, and a color extender to keep the color at least 1/2" away from the heat shield.

Do they make color extenders for cyc lights? I had this same problem using R866 on our HUIs, unfortunately that stuff isnt made any longer, everyone in town is buying up the remaining stock as fast as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back