What is your favorite button on any lighting console?

flip is both on the avo and hog. Its a nice little tool when you hit your limits, but can totally screw you in programming if you dont have your head on straight. I have to say i absolutely love the rollacue on the avo's. My favorite button on the hog is pig+release, b/c that means going home. Also fan is great when jumping into the effects generator. On the grandma I love the push to erect button, its just totally wrong.

I absolutly loved the Microvision FX! Thats the ETC console I learned on!

I once had to do a studio show in NY that had what I think was the original Expression 1; it looked like a gang box with buttons. That was a great week of learning, Im not sure if I wanted to throw that console out the window more than the designer wanted to throw me out the front door.

I'm a simple man. On the ETC Express, my favorite is STAGE. It's a life saver when you can't figure out how to get out of a menu (especially when working with moving lights).

Although I do like the "Suck" button mentioned by the penultimate post. :p

The "meatball" button on the Innovator is the only interesting one, however, I still like the raw power of the blackout button. Especially when I'm working with a particularly disagreeable group of actors.:twisted:

The "Back" button on the Innovator needs the little border like the GO button has. I seem to accidentally hit that one more than the GO button. And of course, the cue before is always a blackout. Gotta love Murphy's Law.

+1! I was going to post the same thing.
That was my only reservation about upgrading. When you hit the GO button on an Encore, you have to mean it!
Fortunately, the GO button on the Innovator is alright. The software on the other hand...

I share your Innovator pain.

the "offset" -> even or odd on ETC EOS/ION so quick

I personally like the big green go button of the Obsession II

Dionysus, MicroVision FX. You should have seen the original!:twisted:

proxy.php

MARTIN MINI MAC, HORIZON, NSI MLC16

ETC took the knob for the Element out of the MicroVision FX repair stock, I'm sure of it.

ETC took the knob for the Element out of the MicroVision FX repair stock, I'm sure of it.
Yep, that's why the Element doesn't have radio buttons for bank switching. Someone said "Hey we have thousands of these 25¢ knobs left over from the MVFX, let's design a console around them.":lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back