What ports does X32 Edit need?

My house network has 3 vLANs... one for IoT, one for security, and one for WAN access. No registered domain name, just a local network.
Sure, but that's a separate proposition for incurring *all of the overhead* in the design of IPv6 for networks that are perfectly happy behind a 4to6 NAT or the like... most notable the fact that it's impossible to keep the IP addresses in your damn head.

There's a *reason* why v6 penetration is so low after almost 2 decades...

I can only barely justify IPv6 for the greater Internet, really; there's no justification for running it on local networks that I can see unless you're Ford or GE or Chase.
This is why I'm a big believer it's coming to our world:
My house network has 3 vLANs... one for IoT, one for security, and one for WAN access. No registered domain name, just a local network.
extend that to a broadcast/stage situation where you can have lighting and audio and media and sets/staging control and and and...
a /56 gives 65000ish /64 subnets of 65000ish addresses for servers, fixtures, motors, controls, wireless mic rx&tx...everything over IP...
and it's super easy to set up and run compared to v4...but we're not quite there - YET.

This is why I'm a big believer it's coming to our world:

extend that to a broadcast/stage situation where you can have lighting and audio and media and sets/staging control and and and...
a /56 gives 65000ish /64 subnets of 65000ish addresses for servers, fixtures, motors, controls, wireless mic rx&tx...everything over IP...
and it's super easy to set up and run compared to v4...but we're not quite there - YET.
Perhaps I'm getting too old for this, but I can't design and manage it reasonably unless I can model it in my head, and V6 is inherently too big to make that possible.

It is Second System Syndrome writ large.

They needed to fix only the addressing, and not 17 other things. And that's not just my opinion, lots of people much much smarter about networking than me think that too.

On your network diagram, those routers are wifi "routers"? Are any connections you're using Wifi or all wired? What are the subnet masks on each of the 4 interfaces (Router 1 WAN, LAN, Router 2 WAN, LAN)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back